Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, where the f*k am I?
ok, little bit o backgroud.  I ran my car off the road a few weeks ago, and caused $2,500 worth of damage, equaling roughly 2 weeks of work on said projectile vehicle, and same ammount of time in a rental.  The gnome is unharmed (we are resiliant little f*kers), other than a dent in the wallet for the deductable and another dent in my patience from this rental KIA Rio.  The damn thing has had a dead battery, flat tire, actually has manual mirrors and door locks and windows, and then today:

I lock the damn keys in the car.  So I call the rental place, but somehow they magically don't keep spare sets to thier vehicle, and tell me to call a locksmith and spend $50 to get the keys out.  I ask them to call the dealership and have a key cut and I will pay for it- after this takes 20 minutes of me on hold, the rental place comes back on to announce that the dealership can't cut a key, 1. because they can't find a blank key and 2. because I'm pretty sure they couldn't find the machine that makes the damn keys. 

I would like to say that the story ended by me throwing a rock through the window, then driving the car off a cliff and standing at the top of said cliff with a big cuban cigar and my fixed vehicle and laughing my ass off, then driving away from this leap backwards in time.  We got it with a coat hanger and a screwdriver and went back to working. 

I feel much better now.Cool
Bad story good ending. It's tough being out of your element, ain't it.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

geezzz... sorry to say I laughed (but only at the funny parts). Man that's a lot of bad luck. Well, it can ONLY be up from here. So good fortune on a rapid improvement!!! (& real happy no one was hurt!)
important thing is you're not hurt, but looking back at the story, it is kinda funny Wink

KIA Rio.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
glad you're okay grant.  think a kia is bad try a ford festiva.  so bad we left the rental in the parking lot and just said screw it.
Sorry to hear about the bad luck, and glad gnomes dont hurt easily!!

i believe a gnome may be the only living creature that can actually fit into a kia.

seriously, i'm very glad you weren't damaged in the original wreck. perhaps the beer gods intervened on your behalf. Cool
I just read your story. I feel bad for you but I have to say, I feel lucky and I ain't complaing about those back pains I have.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore