Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So many humidification devices, wich one to use?
(09-30-2011, 09:29 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: I have cigars over 20 years old. Most of them get that way cause I forget about them. lol.

One day, I will have room to be able to do that... one day...
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
I stick at around 65%
--Mike
(09-29-2011, 11:18 AM)Clarinetist Wrote: Sounds like a lot of you are keeping at a lower humidity than me. Is 72% too high? I haven't had any problems with mold and the cigars feel correct so I figured I am fine. Are there any advantages to keeping a slightly lower humidity? Is it more of a personal preference?

jam- That's an interesting product. How often on average do you have to respray the sheets? It said on the webpage they hold a constant humidity for a couple days, sounds like it could be a little tedious?

I have them in my cooler if i spray every Month maybe i watch the hygrometer when it gets below 64 i spray
i try to shoot for 65-68 in mine but it usually stays around 60, then i refill the puck an it jumps up. i think mostly its cause its colder down stairs in my house than it is upper. i keep my humi down but i am thinking of bringing it up cause i have notice my temp went from 77 to 70 in the last 4 days an my humidity dropped.
Clarinetist, I know I am relatively new to this type of thing, but so far I am using the Xikar crystal jar and the humidity in my 50 ct humi is around 67% so far. But, I am in Southern Arizona, so EVERYTHING is nice and dry.
Git R Dun!
I think after reading all of this that I am just going to move mine into my gun safe. You see firearms owners have the opposite problem. Too much humidity. Makes everything Rust. If I cant keep the firearms dry, I might as well keep the smokes happy. Besides it cool in there and there is a really big lock on the door.
LOL
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer