Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I took a chance...
The contents clear "Security"...
But standing by, just in case...

And here they are

If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
So, from what I can tell, here is a list of the contents (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

There were 2 each of:
Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real Churchill  7 x 50
La Palina Black label Toro  6 x 50
AVO Classic No. 2 Toro  6 x 50
A. Flores Edition Limitada AFR-75 San Andres Maduro  5 x 56
Monticristo White Rothschild  5 x 52

Total cost (including tax):  $32.58 

So was this a deal?

Thoughts?
Smoke them & let us know.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I think its a deal and here's why -

Its been a while, but I've always enjoyed AVO cigars. And I really like the Monte White Series. Without looking, I would bet that those 4 alone would cost more than $32.58. I don't know much about the others.

Jan, have you ever had of those before?
(10-08-2019, 02:39 PM)Magnum PI Wrote: I think its a deal and here's why -

Its been a while, but I've always enjoyed AVO cigars.  And I really like the Monte White Series.  Without looking, I would bet that those 4 alone would cost more than $32.58.  I don't know much about the others.

Jan, have you ever had of those before?

I've never had the Monte Whites before & the last AVO I've had was a few years ago, but I don't think I've tried the AVO Classic line.
I think I've had the Avos and the Flores. They were pretty good if I recall correctly.

I don't think you did too bad.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
I'm thinking that is at least about $90 worth, so you did well. AVO has always been solid, and while I have not had that La Palina, I had others when they were just starting up years ago and they were good. The Montes and RyJs are likely at least passable, so the only question in my book is the AFR, and Ben says they're pretty good so I'd say this was a good gamble for you.

Not bad. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I would have picked them up on their own, but not bad deal at all.
No Justice, No Peace!
The cool thing about these kind of deals is you get to try some stuff that you otherwise may never have tried. And who knows, maybe you get some yard gard, but maybe you find a hidden gem.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.