Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking with a friend
Thought I would share:

A few months ago I was sharing an Opus X Perfexcion #5 with a buddy of mine ( i had been telling him of the wonders of my first OpusX smoke). Well I didn't know this, but he is a major slobberer. I watched him engulf the cigar and he passed it off to me and i noticed how much darker wrapper had gotten. After a few passes it tasted like i was drawing out of wet tobacco [baby]. So basically he drowned my cigar...but i learned my lesson and now provide him with a seperate cigar when we head out to the smoke pit.

Did a similar situation ever happen to you?
Two things I've noticed

1. If you wet the cigar it will accumulate a build up of deposits from the smoke causing a sour taste.

2. Swapping spit with another guy even on a cigar is not cool. Tell him to get his own.
Keith Wrote:Two things I've noticed

1. If you wet the cigar it will accumulate a build up of deposits from the smoke causing a sour taste.

2. Swapping spit with another guy even on a cigar is not cool. Tell him to get his own.
very very not cool. is your friend a cigar smoker? when my cigar smoking buddies come over, they always get the hook up. but i always keep a few mild, cheapies on hand for those situations when a buddy comes by who doesn't smoke cigars, and doesn't know what he likes. then they're introduced to something mild, and my stash of good stuff remains untouched.
Back when the Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 was a "Holy Grail" (and impossible dream) around here, a friend who had ordered a box from some super-secret source of his and brought one to the weekly herf to smoke. Rubbin' it in and all, lol.

He offered me a hit off it. I should mention that although an experienced and cultivated smoker, he's both a slobberer and a cap chewer. So . . . he offers me what looks like a cigar with a big wet blob of chewing tobacco on the end. Confusedhock:

But it's a Cojonu.

Damn.

Yeah, I went for it. It was gross as hell but tasted wonderful. [lol]

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
yea nasty never share a smoke
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
Not A Nice Person Wrote:Back when the Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 was a "Holy Grail" (and impossible dream) around here, a friend who had ordered a box from some super-secret source of his and brought one to the weekly herf to smoke. Rubbin' it in and all, lol.

He offered me a hit off it. I should mention that although an experienced and cultivated smoker, he's both a slobberer and a cap chewer. So . . . he offers me what looks like a cigar with a big wet blob of chewing tobacco on the end. Confusedhock:

But it's a Cojonu.

Damn.

NANP™
[cigar]
Ummm......errr.......no....I'm not going to say it........Confusedhock:
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
not a possibility in my world
I guess it's ok for a Viking.Big Grin
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
Not A Nice Person Wrote:Back when the Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 was a "Holy Grail" (and impossible dream) around here, a friend who had ordered a box from some super-secret source of his and brought one to the weekly herf to smoke. Rubbin' it in and all, lol.

But it's a Cojonu.

Damn.

NANP™
[cigar]
Ummm......errr.......no....I'm not going to say it........Confusedhock:

Yea, go ahead and say it... Everyone is thinkin it anyhow...

I would never share a stick with another guy... A chick on the other hand, no problem!
never, ever in my book.....but how do you go outside to relax and only brong one cigar? I would have my traveldor with me!!! Even if I was alone! LOL

And Boar...that didnt surprise me coming from a Vike! Smile
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro. You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007