Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking on budget
I am looking for some good cigars in the budget price category. $3-5.
I have expensive taste so I don't know if it will be possible for me to find something that I really enjoy in that range but I thought I would ask. I haven't been smoking for that long some my knowledge isn't that extensive but here is what I found that I really enjoy:

Arturo Fuente Hemmingways
CAO Gold Robusto
Leon Jimenes Natural
Camacho Liberty (2006 series)
Cusano 18 Connecticut

Obviously my favorite of those would have to be the Camacho. I also really liked the Hemmingway. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Fuente Chateau and Double Chateau Sun Grown are one of the best buys out there IMO.  If you don't like SG, get the maduros.

LFD Double Ligero
CAO Brazilia Gol
CAO MX2
Torano Signature,  Torano makes alot of good cigars in that range.
Padron X000's is a no brainer
RP Edge

I can't think of anything else right now.  I'm sure others will add to these.Big Grin

The LGC Serie R is a pretty good buy for a fair price.  So is the regular LGC line that I think a lot of people seem to ignore.  The Wavell is about as good a stick you can find for an incredible price.

Also, sancho panza makes some nice affordable cigars.

And, as Wingo said, the paron 2000 and 3000 are wonderful.
Our tastes have a lot in common...here are some that I really enjoy that aren't too pricey:

La Gloria Cubana Wavell Maduro - and try to get ones from Miami

Camacho SLR - I like the naturals better

Consuega #9's

Quintero - Altadis re-released this brand...they're really good IMO
go to Atlantic cigars and get a box of Cubita SMS. It will run you around $45. They list around $90. Worth 90, at 45 it's a no brainer. Triple capped tasty cigars. Highly recommended.
brandon Wrote:I am looking for some good cigars in the budget price category. $3-5.
I have expensive taste so I don't know if it will be possible for me to find something that I really enjoy in that range but I thought I would ask. I haven't been smoking for that long some my knowledge isn't that extensive but here is what I found that I really enjoy:

Arturo Fuente Hemmingways
CAO Gold Robusto
Leon Jimenes Natural
Camacho Liberty (2006 series)
Cusano 18 Connecticut

Obviously my favorite of those would have to be the Camacho. I also really liked the Hemmingway. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Give "Uncle Mikey" at shout at www.mrbundles.com - I am sure he can recommend something in a bundle that will meet your need!

He's a great guy to deal with too

Hope this helps
~Mark
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:go to Atlantic cigars and get a box of Cubita SMS. It will run you around $45. They list around $90. Worth 90, at 45 it's a no brainer. Triple capped tasty cigars. Highly recommended.

trust skip on this one.  an absolute staple cigar at the price you're looking to spend.

for smokes on the lighter side of the wallet without going to bundles in line with what you seem to like try the lgc wavell.  if you want a little more flavor try the brazilia and the edge.  both great values. 
I have to say the consuerga #9 is my go to $1 delivered smoke.  Always a winner in my book, just got 50 more after torching the last 50.... 

all the cao lines and padron 3000 are also a inexpensive quality smoke every time.
TS knows whats up:

I live in the 70 dollars or less per box range, and having a bundle of Connie #9's around at all times are a must.

I second the La Gloria Cubana Wavell Maduros

Don Tomas Rare Corojos

Astral Talanga Valley Selection

Sancho Panza - both the Double Maduro and Extra Fuerte Lines.

El Rey Del Mundo Oscuros

Excalibur 1066 Dark Knights

wingo is on to something with the La Flor Dominicana Double Ligeros : I specifically like the little chiselitos

I will post more as I think of them

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
good call on the excaliburs and the sanchos tommy.  the chiselitos are also great but the chisel gorda and the chiselitos run in the same dollar range relatively speaking.  maybe a little too pricey for a busget smoke.

as for the connies and the bundles...way i figure it i'd rather smoke less and smoke better than smoke more and smoke worse.  walked that path.  didn't quite care for it.  wouldn't go there again.