Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smokin' in a drum?
Anyone ever convert 1 or 2 55 gallon drums into a smoker? I saw a picture of one online, and I think I could make one rather easily, but didn't know how well they work.

I've never smoked any meat before, and seeing all these threads on here(and the bomb section), makes me want to start.

~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Hunlock Wrote:Anyone ever convert 1 or 2 55 gallon drums into a smoker? I saw a picture of one online, and I think I could make one rather easily, but didn't know how well they work.

I've never smoked any meat before, and seeing all these threads on here(and the bomb section), makes me want to start.

sure you can!  Better yet, use a 250 gallon propane tank!  I can get you one if you want to use it.  Would be a fun project and I have considered for a while.  Just dont have the time.
madurodave Wrote:
Hunlock Wrote:Anyone ever convert 1 or 2 55 gallon drums into a smoker? I saw a picture of one online, and I think I could make one rather easily, but didn't know how well they work.

sure you can!  Better yet, use a 250 gallon propane tank!  I can get you one if you want to use it.  Would be a fun project and I have considered for a while.  Just dont have the time.

How on earth would we get it from TN, to Pa??

Would be awesome though!!!! 

Do you have any build plans?

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Hunlock Wrote:
madurodave Wrote:

We are a national propane provider my friend.  no plans but cut it up!
madurodave Wrote:
Hunlock Wrote:
madurodave Wrote:

NOW WE ARE TALKING!!!!!!!

I wonder what it would cost to get it up here? Any idea?

I figured I could just draw something up, after I learn the basics a smoker needs to work properly.....Maybe, I can build it on a trailer, for easy transport???

Hunlock Wrote:
madurodave Wrote:
Hunlock Wrote:
madurodave Wrote:

I figured I could just draw something up, after I learn the basics a smoker needs to work properly.....Maybe, I can build it on a trailer, for easy transport???

go to www.ferrellgas.com and find a location close to you and tell me where it is.  Bet I can get one for song....or lessWink
I knew a guy that had one... He made some of the most amazing smoked salmon I have ever had in entire my life.
madurodave Wrote:
Hunlock Wrote:
madurodave Wrote:
Hunlock Wrote:
madurodave Wrote:

go to http://www.ferrellgas.com and find a location close to you and tell me where it is.  Bet I can get one for song....or lessWink
[happy]PM Sent[happy]