Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sizes
Just a question I thought of while sitting at work bored.  Why are there so many longer cigars and what is the advantage of them compared to shorter cigars.  I  thought the idea behind NUBs was that the whole cigar was in the sweet spot, so wouldn't other shorter cigars have the same effect and longer ones take longer to get there?  I know the Mum likes his Mumceros and others like there Nubs so is it just a preferance I guess?
Part of the appeal of a longer cigar to me is the actual amount of time it takes to smoke it.Wink

I also like the progression of flavor and intensity one usually finds in a longer cigar.
I'll second that. A longer smoke gives me more time to kick back and enjoy it.
MK 199 Wrote:Just a question I thought of while sitting at work bored.  Why are there so many longer cigars and what is the advantage of them compared to shorter cigars.  I  thought the idea behind NUBs was that the whole cigar was in the sweet spot, so wouldn't other shorter cigars have the same effect and longer ones take longer to get there?  I know the Mum likes his Mumceros and others like there Nubs so is it just a preferance I guess?

The nubs are made only with that "sweet spot" maintaining that as a goal, not a short cigar (it just turns out that way). The rest of the leaf is used for other stuff or discarded.

Other shorter cigars use random parts of the leaf with the only goal is a short cigar.

Having said that, I LOVE a long cigar. A quality long cigar is a thing of beauty. Changing profile throughout the hour or 2 of the enjoyment. No negative reflection on the Nub. Like most of us, there's room for both.
that makes sense, thanks guys.