Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I smoke my fake Cubans?
I've been gifted a few fake Cubans since they became legal from friends that go on cruises that stop in Mexico. I've got one of the infamous glass top cohiba boxes and my personal favorite a "Tour of Cuba" sampler with five different "Cubans". I've just been putting them in the humidor a leaving them alone. Should I throw them or smoke them, or what? I thought about giving them to my local B&M as a warning to people that are going to Mexico but that dudes kind of an asshole so I'm not sure about that route. What would you guys do with them? Lord knows I've smoked plenty of bad cigars before I knew any better.
I smoked a few fake cubans in my day (knowing they were fake). Just because they're fake doesn't mean it's a bad smoke.
Smoke one, if it's a dog rocket than throw it out..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Yep, agreed
This is my boomstick!
Yeah, burn it up. Or slice it open and take picks of what's inside
No Justice, No Peace!
While they may be "fake", they still may be a good smoke...BUT, they could also be filled with crap, swept up from the floor.

I would take one of the cigars from the glass top box & carefully dissect it.  Take plenty of pics along the way too & please post them.  If it look like it's not filled with garbage & looks decently constructed, I'd try smoking one to see how it is.

And please, if you do take one apart to check it out, please take plenty of pics & post them in it's own thread, along with your impressions, regardless if it's crap or good.  I know I would love to see it & I'm sure others would too.  Alos check youtube for vids...there might be something there on the best way to open it up.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I smoked one and it was a decent cigar. I have a nagging suspicion that its a Macanudo of some variety since it tastes almost exactly like the hampton courts i smoke a lot of. I'd buy them as a bundle of cheap sticks to hand out.
They are probably seconds, like Old Fashioned cigars. The Old Fashioned Dominicana #350 Cigars are similar to the Macanudo Portofino and are made from the same high quality tobaccos as the famous Macanudo label. Some burn nice, others...well, out of 10 cigars you will probably have 2 or three which are not up to par.
(05-24-2017, 07:44 PM)The_Bearded_Buda Wrote: I've been gifted a few fake Cubans  comparateur assurance chat since they became legal from friends that go on cruises that stop in Mexico. I've got one of the infamous glass top cohiba boxes and my personal favorite a "Tour of Cuba" sampler with five different "Cubans". I've just been putting them in the humidor a leaving them alone. Should I throw them or smoke them, or what? I thought about giving them to my local B&M as a warning to people that are going to Mexico but that dudes kind of an asshole so I'm not sure about that route. What would you guys do with them? Lord knows I've smoked plenty of bad cigars before I knew any better.
Hello!
I think that all the fake things are very good for your health but it may have something toxic in it!
Thanks!
(06-05-2017, 01:21 PM)karl016 Wrote:
(05-24-2017, 07:44 PM)The_Bearded_Buda Wrote: I've been gifted a few fake Cubans  comparateur assurance chat since they became legal from friends that go on cruises that stop in Mexico. I've got one of the infamous glass top cohiba boxes and my personal favorite a "Tour of Cuba" sampler with five different "Cubans". I've just been putting them in the humidor a leaving them alone. Should I throw them or smoke them, or what? I thought about giving them to my local B&M as a warning to people that are going to Mexico but that dudes kind of an asshole so I'm not sure about that route. What would you guys do with them? Lord knows I've smoked plenty of bad cigars before I knew any better.
Hello!
I think that all the fake things are very good for your health but it may have something toxic in it!
Thanks!

for real....
No Justice, No Peace!
HAHA