Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle Rain
Well, I really can't share why I'm now awake and out of bed.

But I am.

I've got a big, thick glass beer mug... you know the one. The one I stole from a country club that weighs a thousand pounds. I went downstairs and got two Space Dust IPA cans out of the man-fridge, along with the frosty mug, and now I've got a perfectly hazy head of foam dressed expertly atop just enough West Coast brew to get me back to snoozing.

And yet, as I listen to the rain just outside these open windows, it seems like this normally drizzly Seattle rain is now actually drippy. Pitter-patter kind of drippy. Substantial kind of drippy. Really fat raindrops. The kind of drops that you would imagine prepare flower buds for blooming in tomorrow's  summer sun.

The night is deeply dark and quiet. The lid to our colossal hot tub discloses the sound of being relentlessly assaulted by the ever-continuing invasion of heavier-than-usual drops. Leaves of trees in the greenspace behind our house shower our bedroom with the sound of heaven's hydration. It is the softest of symphonies.

And I stop to share it with you, brothers of the leaf.

Sleepy tight, wherever you may be.

Puffy Smurf
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
You brought me there my friend. You have a gift, you should be a writer.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Either a writer or give us the name of that beer. LOL
Always good to hear from you my friend.
When will you make it back to this side of the coast?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Excellent... hope that rain clears up soon! Wink

Space Dust is a fine beer. Did B-Dub move to Seattle? I thought you were an East coast guy?
I like smoking lightning
(08-24-2019, 02:48 AM)carl609 Wrote: Space Dust is a fine beer. Did B-Dub move to Seattle?  I thought you were an East coast guy?

Carl, he's now in your neck of the woods.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Hey Carl!

Living in North Bend. Let's get together!

B-Dub
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
Carl... I was just up in your neck of the woods and got the chance to visit him... cigars in his hot tub makes for some excellent relaxation!