Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seasoning questions...
    After doing a search, I've read many posts stating it's best to season your new humidor SLOWLY, and how it takes a week or more to properly season your new humidor.  Well, I've wiped the interior of my new desktop with a slightly damp sponge (distilled water only, I've used absolutely NO Propylene Glycol), and I've had a huge container of distilled water sitting inside the closed humidor for over two days now.  The humidity level is at about 74% at the moment, but that's WITH the container of water still inside. 

The question is, how much longer should I allow the container of water to sit in the humidor before considering it a done deal?  Is there anything else I should do before filling it with cigars?  My apologies for the seemingly simple question, but until now my storage has been limited to my coolidors.   
Pull the water out, and watch where the humidity goes over the next 12 hours or so . . . but for a desktop humi, two days of seasoning should be plenty.

The bigger the box, the longer it takes.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Indeed, it depends on the size of the humi. If ye can wait, give it some time. If ye're impatient, give the "take-out-the-seasoner" try mentioned above.