Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Tablet Toffee
(09-03-2012, 01:54 AM)tafdom Wrote: Sounds great Dave. I have 4 bags of Heath English Toffee bits in the pantry as we speak and is an all time fave here. I use it for brownies, bars and scones. Is this soft like fudge or divinity to be eaten with a spoon or harder?

T,

This has a biscuit (?) like texture but melts in the mouth if its made smooth and all of the sugar is melted, it doesn't have that dough type texture that fudge has.

Its hard to describe really,

Toffee is hard, Fudge is squeezable and Tablet toffee is ...... ???

I'll tell you what, the best way would be to experience it for yourself, so I'll make you some and send it out as Mrs Tonto has also asked for a sample hahahaha.

PM your addy please, I have some shipping to do when I'm through in Aberdeen when I get home at the end of the week, so its no problem.

Tongue
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
(09-03-2012, 01:15 AM)Parkster Wrote: Superb Mark .... how did it turn out .. smooth or gritty, be honest?

The way I see it is this ...... I must lose a couple of pounds making it, so it justifies eating it hahahahaha

Dave, it turned out very smooth and melts in your mouth.

It took more than an hour to cook but I think thats because I had the heat too low. I think that helped in making sure all the sugar was melted though.

The only thing I didnt do right was pour it quick enough as it started to set up before I got to pour all of it.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(09-03-2012, 09:22 AM)Mark Wrote:
(09-03-2012, 01:15 AM)Parkster Wrote: Superb Mark .... how did it turn out .. smooth or gritty, be honest?

The way I see it is this ...... I must lose a couple of pounds making it, so it justifies eating it hahahahaha

Dave, it turned out very smooth and melts in your mouth.

It took more than an hour to cook but I think thats because I had the heat too low. I think that helped in making sure all the sugar was melted though.

The only thing I didnt do right was pour it quick enough as it started to set up before I got to pour all of it.

Part of the joy of making tablet is the cleaning of the pan. A nice round nosed spoon to scrape as much out as possible, I like to dust vanilla pod ice cream with some of the scrapings as a sweet when we have people round to dinner ..... simple but very effective.

Glad it worked out for you.

Now try it with raisins through it and a shot glass of rum ..... oh God I'm drooling.

Tongue
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
HAHAHAHA Its funny you say that. My Sister-Inlaw said that it would be great crumbled up over ice cream. lol
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"