Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scotch
SenorSmoke Wrote:I'll send it right up Mike as soon as I find the post office.
Sad
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
If you are truely looking for "everyday pours" that won't break the bank then the following should interest you. There are all in the $20 and under range in my area.

McClelland's is in reality 5 yo Morrison Bowmore product.  The Highland  is Glen Garoich, the Lowland is Auchentoshan and the Islay is Bowmore itself.

Another good budget dram is The Speyburn and it even comes in a metal tube. Lismore is also a decent Highland dram and can sometimes be found for $15 on sale.  There are also a 21 and 25 yo version but I've not had them. .

Lastly there is a Speyside distillery called Speyside who produces a malt also called Speyside which isn't too widely distributed yet but worth the money if you run across it. 

These are true "everyday" drams if you like to have something that often.
The Jesus of Cool
I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
SenorSmoke Wrote:I'll send it right up Mike as soon as I find the post office.
We know how difficult that can be for you!!!!!!!Wink
haven't really had that many, but i LOVE the Dalmore cigar malt.
AVB Wrote:If you are truely looking for "everyday pours" that won't break the bank then the following should interest you. There are all in the $20 and under range in my area.

McClelland's is in reality 5 yo Morrison Bowmore product.  The Highland  is Glen Garoich, the Lowland is Auchentoshan and the Islay is Bowmore itself.

Another good budget dram is The Speyburn and it even comes in a metal tube. Lismore is also a decent Highland dram and can sometimes be found for $15 on sale.  There are also a 21 and 25 yo version but I've not had them. .

Lastly there is a Speyside distillery called Speyside who produces a malt also called Speyside which isn't too widely distributed yet but worth the money if you run across it. 

These are true "everyday" drams if you like to have something that often.
I have had the McClelland,Speyburn,and Speyside,all good for cheap everyday pour.
I like the Dalmore 12 and the Dewers 12 as well for some cheap everyday drinks.Glen Garioch 10 wasn't bad either.
What about The Balvenie Founders Reserve or Laphroaig 15?
Almirante Pirata
Those two are good but more than double the price of the everyday pours listed.

Now if you are saying thos are your favorites then nobody can argue with that!
The Jesus of Cool
I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
I cracked the Laphroaig 15 open last night and poured myself a glass.

That stuff is very different than most Scotch.  Smokey.  Intense.  Delicious.

Maybe I'll get up the courage to write a review.
Almirante Pirata
The laphroaig is very good.
Macallan 12, Glenlivet 18, and Aberlour 15 are my everydays.

Aberlour A'bunadh, Glenmorangie 18 and Macallan 18 if i want something special (though at $120 a bottle around here I probably won't be buying the Mac 18 anymore).

I'm working my way through some other less-than-$25 scotches to find one I like.  So far no luck; I am cursed with expensive taste.