Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Savinelli?
anybody have information on this brand?  I have recieved a few off and on but have had a hard time running down info on them. . .

TX

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
I've got a couple that were gifted to me but I have not yet tried them. They sure are nice to look at.Maybe I'll give one a try this weekend.
I have had a couple (including one now) and they are pretty good, thats what raised my curiousity.  Let me know what you think when you do.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
As a company, from what I think I know, Savinelli is primarily a producer of fine briar pipes. They also produce pipe tobacco, and a small amount of handmade cigars.

I may have had a Savinelli at some point in the past, but don't remember much about it. There are so many good cigars out there for the money, I haven't been overly motivated to purchase that particular brand at that price point.

But I'd be interested in what you think of the Savinelli cigar. Might be something worth trying sometime.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
Funny, I almost grabbed a box of the Liga's a while back since they are touted as full bodied.  Holts was selling them for like $60 a box on closeout.  They told me that Savinelli in general is known for mild to medium smokes with good flavor so I passed.

They are definitely more widely known for pipes and pipe tobacco.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
ColbyPants Wrote:anybody have information on this brand?  I have recieved a few off and on but have had a hard time running down info on them. . .

TX

TomC

Here ya go brother!

http://www.savinelliusa.com/homepage.htm
The only info i cna add is that they are damn tasty smokes, I love em.
Here's some available now

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=404814
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
buy em, and try em, I love em, [rob]
The special selection 2004's are med-full body natural from the Oliva family.....quite a nice smoke.There is one other by Oliva and 2 I believe by fuente.