Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save my cigar
stogiedad.1 Wrote:
aracos Wrote: You can get little vials of the glue they use to put cigars together and just glue it back on, thats another option..
Where would one find these little bottles of glue? I had never heard of this. I guess I Learned  something else today! THis is a GREAT place to learn!!!!
Thanks! I did not realize that you could use that stuff(pectin) from the grocery store.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

OK, I needed to bump this thread. I have a few Cain Habanos with some cracked wrappers. Went to the grocery and picked up some pectin. 2 questions......they only had fruit pectin, is this ok? second, it is in powder form. Believe it or not, there is no water ratio listed on the package for "cigar wrapper repair". I was shocked.. Anyways it is a 1.75 ounce bag. How much water should i use?
I would just mix a dab of water with some of the pectin in a bottle cap, till you get a glutious mixture. When you see Pepin, or someone else, applying a cap in a video, its not that thick of a substance.
Good luck.
Here's some info on how to fix a torn wrapper using pectin. This comes from a document for beginning cigar smokers available at cheap humidors.com:

Quote:FIXING A TORN WRAPPER

Probably the easiest thing to fix on a cigar are small wrapper tears. For very minor tears, simply wet a finger with a little saliva and press the wrapper back into position. If that doesn’t work, a trip to the grocery store is in order. At the grocery store you’ll need to purchase a package or container of pectin. Pectin is an all-natural substance that is used in the making of homemade jams and jellies. A package of pectin will usually cost around a dollar, and will last a lifetime. In other words, a little Pectin goes a long, long way.

To fix a torn wrapper using Pectin, mix a little of the pectin with some water to create a paste. Some varieties of pectin, which cost a bit more, come pre-mixed, which is great since it won’t require any mixing. In either case, place a small drop, and take note that MEANS a SMALL DROP, of the Pectin mixture on the damaged area of the cigar wrapper. Using a finger, smooth out the wrapper until it looks good again. Let is dry for about 10 minutes, and the wrapper will be as good as new.