Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Santa Damiana
This is my first review, haven't seen this brand here and thought would share my experience.  I have been looking for "sleeper" brands and this one fit the bill!

Received this stick a week ago, put it off to the side thinking it was a filler in the order I received.

Man, was I surprised!  This stick is handmade from the DR and had a very nice Connecticut shade wrapper with DR long filler and binder.  I don't prefer mild-medium smokes but this one had a nice spicy aroma and thought what the heck, fire it up!  Had very nice construction, not too firm and a nice blonde wrapper with no thick veins.  The stick cut very well and had a nice cap as it did not unravel and still had plenty of cap left.  (I was shown a way to make a cut, place the stick vertical on a hard surface with the cap between the cutter and make the cut, does a great job every time).  Lit the stick and it burned even throughout the smoke and it was full of rich, creamy smoke.  Reminded me of a Tatuaje P1 but milder from the volume of smoke.  The ash was light gray and tight and fell off after an inch and half.  The smoke burned even all the way to a small nub and never got bitter, a real treat.

They cost a little over $4 a stick and would certainly buy more of these based on the richness of the smoke, taste and how nicely it smoked.

I have never heard of this cigar.  Thanks for the review.  Very well done!
Thanks Tank, never heard of them either and kinda went "Gah", another drug store stick [Image: whistle.gif] until I tried and was totally surprised [Image: cha.gif]
i got one of these in a sampler a little while back.  it had a tough draw so i just dismissed it right away.  maybe ill have to try it again.
thanks for the nice review

dave