Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sandra Fluke!
Not debating the issue but these are fricken hilarious!

[Image: 432172_287617577975382_133109130092895_6...0419_n.jpg]

[Image: 429040_287630627974077_133109130092895_6...6434_n.jpg]

[Image: 426888_287540971316376_133109130092895_6...4730_n.jpg]
LMAO
--Mike
It's almost funny till you think of how many kids you and I are paying for now while birth control is provided. Think of the multiple times more kids you and I will be paying for when it's not.
This aspect isn't even a womens rights issue! There ARE people who do not have the means to afford birth control, but that won't stop them from f*cking. Providing birth control is cheaper than US paying for thier kids that they can't afford. The math is easy.
Now the testimony she gave had nothing to do with family planning clinics providing free contraception to the masses. It was for her insurance, THAT SHE PAYS FOR while a student at Georgetown, to include orthotricyclene (sp?) and the like because of the health benefits. She's not asking US to pay anything, nor is she rallying for Georgetown to become the next ASU.
But...I'm sure that shock-jock republican leader Limbaugh and his mindless followers would rather call her a slut and prostitute and ask her to produce some amateur P0RN to push his ego and small ideas.

It has nothing to do with being able to afford birth control, it has everything to do with education.

Birth control is free and you still get knocked up ..... dumb, its the same with the developing world, they get as many birth control rubber, injections, etc etc as they need, they are even given gifts to encourage usage, but yet they still breed like rabbits, they are either numb from the neck up or simply dont give a damn.

We have the same issue in the UK, before ANYBODY starts the "what the feck do you know, you dont live here" bullsheeet, and in some cases in the UK, its a way of obtaining a house and money from the state ..... go figure.

To say that someone does not have the means to purchase birth control, when they seem to have the means to buy Thunderbird and cigarettes is bullcrap to me.

Its choices ..... and basic educated ones at that ....... no money for birth control? ....... keep your dick in your pants and keep your legs shut because if you cant afford a pack of rubbers you definitely cant afford to raise a child.

The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
1. (main issue) This woman should not be called a prostitute or asked to make some P0RN if WE finance her birth control, which was Rush Limbaugh's basis for calling her these things. Especially when she is not asking for us to finance her birth control. She's fighting to have it added to her existing prescription coverage. She's not asking for a government hand out.

2. You will never convince the general public to think with anything other than their genitals when it comes to sex. That drive supersedes education. There have been countless educated world leaders, CEO's, church leaders, school officials, etc., all educated people taken down by sex scandals. Few circumstances stop the wanting and willing. No it doesn't make it smart, but it's reality.

3. Regrettably my first paragraph in my first post was a bit off topic, but still important. That being contraception being available to the masses.
Quote:Its choices ..... and basic educated ones at that ....... no money for birth control? ....... keep your dick in your pants and keep your legs shut because if you cant afford a pack of rubbers you definitely cant afford to raise a child.
That hasn't worked so well. I understand that it makes sense to say that, but the end game is Medicaid financing the child birth and further healthcare of the mother and child, and then welfare for everything else. That's outrageously expensive for something that could have been prevented by a birth control injection.

15% of kids in the US live in poverty. (family income of less than 22k for four) 42% of kids live in low income families. (44k for family of four) this is what WE are payng for. If only the Excellence in Broadcasting star had offered aspirin to all these poor kids parents...He did say yesterday that it's just him being absurd, but really there should be a line drawn.
It comes down to one issue. If Barack Obama can mandate a private insurance company what to provide for products and services then then we slip down that slippery slope even further to what we allow the government to mandate from us. The Government for the people by the people cannot mandate what we (corporations or individuals) choose to sell or not to sell.

By the way, I like Rush Limbaugh. Am I mindless? He is actually right in this issue and here is why. Rush says that insurance companies are made to pay for contraception for these women, then the insurance companies are paying these women to have sex. Is this not prostitution? He is illustrating absurdity with absurdity.

Now if Sandra Flake can afford to have such an expensive education, then she can afford her own birth control. And for the price of a cell phone plan that 99% of these women have, they can afford birth control instead.
(03-02-2012, 08:19 PM)The542 Wrote: The math is easy. Now the testimony she gave had nothing to do with family planning clinics providing free contraception to the masses. It was for her insurance, THAT SHE PAYS FOR while a student at Georgetown, to include orthotricyclene (sp?) and the like because of the health benefits. She's not asking US to pay anything,

Insurance -- a form of risk management primarily used to hedge against the risk of contingent, uncertain loss.

Health Care and Health Care Insurance are two very different things. Insurance manages risks then the company actuaries lump them into shared pools. Health events are assessed and WE ALL pay the premiums to share that risk. Car crashes, cancer, transplants, and such happen to a minority of us. Now add contraception to the mix. No longer a minority but a majority of women are going to parttake thus turning it into a number that goes against insurance models.

Yes you are correct she pays her premium. And as you state she is asking us not to pay. What she is asking is that we do not pay her premium. But all of us in the health plan pay for her contraception because insurance is pooled.

Thus this contraception factor adds into the pool of risks that make my insurance premiums rise. I asked my Dad who has 30 years with Blue Cross Blue Shield of ND what the increase for me would be since I pay into the shared pool for contraception. His answer: on average $50/month. This is steep again because not a minority of women will parttake, but a majority will to manage their fertility every month for a great majority of their lives.

This can and will make insurance premiums for EVERYONE go up!
I rather pay for birth control then the children's care later, no brainer. Same azz hats are anti-abortion. They rather the kids grow up in poverty. Aren't these issues from decades ago anyway? Rush is an azzhole anyway. He's the same guy who said that drug addicts should be locked up for life then came out with drug addiction after getting caught buying meds in a McD's parking lot.
No Justice, No Peace!
Guys, this thread is in the joke section.

If you want to discuss this topic or have a discussion then take it private!!
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore