Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sales
(11-01-2020, 02:47 PM)macallan2 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 12:31 AM)MaytagMan Wrote: Yeah a lot of deals and closeouts on domestics, meanwhile Island cigar prices have skyrocketed.

Yeah, I was quite happy with the prices I got at the Istanbul airport duty free in March.  Seems like they may be my last major island buys for a while but I have made friends with a local guy up here who's remodeling his house and he always has good box prices on some decently aged stuff  Cool   Seems to me a lot of these places that had ordered for both foot and online traffic are now trying to make up the difference in online sales while also justifying the larger purchases usually associated with online sales by lowering prices aggressively.  Lord knows my humidor is pretty full right now...

Yeah for sure.  Still kills me that a box of Havanas that I paid $140 for every day 10 years ago are no on sale for $215.

I'm on the lower side of supply right now, but not critical.   Going to start building backstock of like my top 6-7, and focus on those rather than being a mile wide and an inch deep on what I stock.   Plus keeping more domestic stuff on hand for daily casual smoking.

(11-04-2020, 01:31 AM)MaytagMan Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 12:31 AM)MaytagMan Wrote: Yeah a lot of deals and closeouts on domestics, meanwhile Island cigar prices have skyrocketed.

Yeah, I was quite happy with the prices I got at the Istanbul airport duty free in March.  Seems like they may be my last major island buys for a while but I have made friends with a local guy up here who's remodeling his house and he always has good box prices on some decently aged stuff  Cool   Seems to me a lot of these places that had ordered for both foot and online traffic are now trying to make up the difference in online sales while also justifying the larger purchases usually associated with online sales by lowering prices aggressively.  Lord knows my humidor is pretty full right now...

Yeah for sure.  Still kills me that a box of Havanas that I paid $140 for every day 10 years ago are no on sale for $215.

I'm on the lower side of supply right now, but not critical.   Going to start building backstock of like my top 6-7, and focus on those rather than being a mile wide and an inch deep on what I stock.   Plus keeping more domestic stuff on hand for daily casual smoking.

I've been thinking of adding to my limited collection.

What are some good buys?  I prefer smaller RG cigars, favorite being a PC.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(11-04-2020, 11:54 AM)Tonto Wrote:

IMHO Boli PC, RASCC, Trini Coloniales is a corona but a damn fine smoke - the Reyes it a little smaller than a mareva, and in fact is its own vitola, but really like them if a deal can be had.

(11-04-2020, 01:46 PM)MaytagMan Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 11:54 AM)Tonto Wrote:

IMHO Boli PC, RASCC, Trini Coloniales is a corona but a damn fine smoke - the Reyes it a little smaller than a mareva, and in fact is its own vitola, but really like them if a deal can be had.

Thanks Bill.  Yeah the corona is a nice size.  I'll smoke almost any size, but I prefer RG of, say, 50 or under.  Shorter length only because that is what I got used to, with having 4 kids.  I would come home from work, have a cigar on the patio while watching them play or swim, etc & then having to put down the cigar when 1 got hurt, upset etc.
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I always liked Diplomaticos #4 & San Cristobal El Principe
(11-04-2020, 02:50 PM)Tonto Wrote: I always liked Diplomaticos #4 & San Cristobal El Principe

Both solid as well.   Too bad the Dip 4 was discontinued years back.   The 2 is the only one still in current production but who knows how long that will last - nobody can predict what HSA will do from day to day lol