Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saint Luis Rey commercial, directed by Yours Truly
Hey Guys,

My name is Tyler Richardson, and I'm currently a Junior at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts, where I'm majoring in Film and TV Production.

I'm taking a production class here that recently tasked us with creating a short video piece that visually conveys a specific scent. We were encouraged to consider making a spec commercial for a brand that is related to our scent, so that our projects would have some utility once completed.

Anyway, I chose cigar smoke as my scent, and I ended up making a spec spot for Saint Luis Rey cigars.

I'm new to this forum and thought that this might be a great way to introduce myself. I directed this piece with you guys, cigar enthusiasts, in mind. It's a piece about the quintessential cigar smoker, and the lengths he will go to in order to escape from the world so that he can enjoy one of his favorite indulgences.

It's only 60 seconds long, and I would really appreciate it if you guys take a look and let me know what you think. If you like it, feel free to share it. Thanks!!

Here is the link: https://vimeo.com/78323809

Ty
Not the best storage practices, but I get why the box was there! Definitely relate to needing to have a serene place to decompress and smoke. That is nice work.

This thread should be moved to the "introductions" forum, but other than that...welcome aboard! Do you enjoy cigars yourself? What do you like other than SLR's?

Mike
Not bad at all....and if current trends continue....probably the only way we'll be able to own and smoke cigars....
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
Who is yours truly? Why don't you try and introduce yourself in the proper section first.
--Mike

(11-06-2013, 05:22 PM)The542 Wrote: Not the best storage practices, but I get why the box was there! Definitely relate to needing to have a serene place to decompress and smoke. That is nice work.

This thread should be moved to the "introductions" forum, but other than that...welcome aboard! Do you enjoy cigars yourself? What do you like other than SLR's?

Mike

Thanks! I smoke cigars occasionally. I get a lot of SLR's for free, so those have been what I've been smoking lately. I'm not the most knowledgeable connoisseur, but I like these and would love to find some similar brands!
I really like that.
I think you did a great job evoking the scent. The earth and woods surrounding the great shots of the cigar and smoke really pull it off.
Well done!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

> > Cigar Rights - Help Exempt Premium Cigars From FDA Regulation!

As a film maker I like it.
I think that the cutting and lighting sequence should have been drawn out a little longer. Because those are parts of the smoking ritual that are vitally important and can convey the type of care and importance to smoking a cigar.
After watching it a few times the "scent" that I got was more woods and earth and less cigar.

The problem with using natural lighting, is that you get what you get. You can't shape it and mold it. I think this would have played better if he had brought the cigar back to a cabin or something, and light up in a dim room.

But over all it's a very nice piece. Good job
Support my Movember team to support Prostate and testicular cancer awareness at: http://us.movember.com/team/747249

I liked it, thanks for sharing, and welcome aboard
No Justice, No Peace!
fun
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer