Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saint Luis Rey
Rothchilde

Robusto 5x54

Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Honduras, Nicaragua, Peru

this cigar had a nice tea stained colored wrapper, that seemed a bit delicate at first but turned out to be a nice hardy wrapper. This very wrapper had the ever so slight smell of nori and cabbage, but the draw on it was pure heaven, a combination of apple and suede.

I can't say this is the best burning cigar I have ever smoked, as it burns a bit uneven, never enough to canoe out on you but uneven enough. However this does not deter from the wonderful flavor it delivers. The smoke a nice rich white smoke delivers a very woody taste with hints of apple and later on chocolate and a very minute hint of pepper. The ash is a nice firm gray ash.

I had no wrapper issues or draw issues with this cigar as others have reported. For the price break this is a wonderfull cigar. For the beginner, this is a great cigar! At 4.00 or less per stick they are well worth while as an every day smoke. I am sure mine were fairly well aged as it came from a local sampler, so make sure you give them some time.
Another good review yet again, Joe.

Keep em rollin'!
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Great review

I think this line of cigars are really good and priced to where everyone can enjoy them.
MikeD Wrote:Another good review yet again, Joe.

Keep em rollin'!
Thanks, Joe[rob]
Back Yard Smokes Wrote:Great review

I think this line of cigars are really good and priced to where everyone can enjoy them.
Definitely, I have tried several things from SLR and they have all been nice smokes that are easy on the pocketbook.