Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUV Owners
Keith Wrote:I bought the wife a Ford Expodition a few years back and hated it. What a gas hog.

so is mine!
I have a Dodge Ram 1500 4 door....I know its not SUV but has the 4 doors with plenty of space.  To me its the best of both worlds SUV/pickup.  Never had a problem with it.  On the Interstate its great on gas.

Just my opinion[cigar]
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
Love my GMC Yukon.  Check out the JD Powers information on the SUVs.  When I bought mine 4 years ago one of the reasons was for how many OLD Yukons/Chevy Suburbans you'd see on the road.  Found out they were the most dependable trucks according to their ratings.  Side benefit, tightest turning radius in it's class.  VERY important when you're backing in a tight space and not backing OVER something! Big Grin

It's not a Hummer, but I get 16-24 mpg with mine.  Town - Hwy.

[cigar]
I have a 1996 Chevy Tahoe. Love it, crap on gas but runs good and will last me a long long time.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Thanks for the feedback guys.  I really appreciate it.  Going to do some more test driving this weekend, now that my myrtle beach vacation has been postponed.

And Skip, thanks for the idea of checking on the dealership.

Anyone have anymore suggestions / ideas, please post.  I appreciate it.
Smokin Nic Wrote:I got a 02 Chevy Trailblazer and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!  Its a great truck, very comfortable and lots of room. I can fold down the back seat and me and my girl sleep back there when we r camping. Its awesome. Ill probally end up trading it in for a new one in a yr or 2. I hope this helps, PM me if u want more input[thumbsup]

I've got an '02 Trailblazer too. I'm not as happy with mine.  It has been ok but now getting computer problems and I feel the ride is a bit loose. Has worked out great for pulling our Coleman tent trailer.

I'd look real hard at the Honda Pilot  or even a Ridgeline.
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
i drive a suburban. love it. nice and roomy. i actually took the 3rd seat out to make it a little roomier in the back, and i have some subwoofers back there. it's a fantastic ride. however, it handles the snow like POOP. seriously. so bad. but oh well, i have a little front wheel drive car for the days of the snow.
Bobgun Wrote:
Smokin Nic Wrote:I got a 02 Chevy Trailblazer and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!  Its a great truck, very comfortable and lots of room. I can fold down the back seat and me and my girl sleep back there when we r camping. Its awesome. Ill probally end up trading it in for a new one in a yr or 2. I hope this helps, PM me if u want more input[thumbsup]

I've got an '02 Trailblazer too. I'm not as happy with mine.  It has been ok but now getting computer problems and I feel the ride is a bit loose. Has worked out great for pulling our Coleman tent trailer.

I'd look real hard at the Honda Pilot  or even a Ridgeline.
I was thinking about the Pilot as something to look at when we start this process...  hopefully not for at least another couple of years...

lz6 Wrote:2009 Nissan Murano, love it dearly.

Bought an 09 Murano LE for the fetching Mrs. Crowb8. AMAZING automobile. Lot of acceleration power, all wheel drive and decent MPG. I almost like driving it as well as my Silverado. Almost.

If you do go for a Murano, spring for the LE model.

[pirate2]
doubled. My apologies.

[pirate2]