Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCHIP
January 14th HOUSE Vote Results...

249 Democrats voted FOR the SCHIP tax.

All the Republicans voted against it except 40.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2009/roll016.xml

Off to the Senate with probably the same results.   Obama already said he is going to sign it.   We are F'd.
[media=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/N0uS6y0lQRc&hl=en&fs=1[/media]
admin Wrote:January 14th HOUSE Vote Results...

249 Democrats voted FOR the SCHIP tax.

All the Republicans voted against it except 40.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2009/roll016.xml

Off to the Senate with probably the same results.   Obama already said he is going to sign it.   We are F'd.

I have said it here 20 times and I will say it again.   The SCHIP tax is parallel with most every other confiscatory taxation plan the Liberals want to impose.   Don't say I didn't say "I told ya this would happen".   Its a slippery slope and we will slide fast starting tomorrow.

For those of us with Conservative values, our way life does not depend on Liberalism.   But Liberalism depends on my way of life.  

This thread is not about SCHIP specifically.   The "Big Picture" of Liberal ideals is so much larger and it trickles down to taxes for programs such as SCHIP!   And it all starts by voting these Oprah and Clooney lovin Loons out of office.

What about us saps?  You know, those of us with jobs who work 40+ hours a week (whether we like it or not), and have a percentage of our pay deducted to PAY for our health benefits - on top of Federal/State/Local taxes, unemployment deductions, Social Security, etc.?  Will WE have that deduction dropped from our paychecks?  I mean, it is FREE, isn't it?  :X
US_Tank Wrote:
For those of us with Conservative values, our way life does not depend on Liberalism.   But Liberalism depends on my way of life.  
You haven't been reading Atlas Shrugged have you Tank?  If not, you should, and if so, don't disappear!

Brad
TheFife Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:
You haven't been reading Atlas Shrugged have you Tank?  If not, you should, and if so, don't disappear!

Brad

Never heard of it!
Brad,

Just stating what I know to be true.   It is what it is. 
US_Tank Wrote:
TheFife Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:

Brad

Never heard of it!
Tank, this is a must read.  It is a classic.  I wouldn't normally recommend a book, since I know most people rarely end up reading the books people recommend to them.  I know that everyone is busy, but this is a book you need to read.  I promise it will be more than worth your time.  Based on a lot of your posts, I bet this will be the best piece of fiction you will ever read.

Basic plot is a fictitious, early 20th century US where liberals basically do everything we are seeing happen today.  The essential conclusion is exactly what you stated above.  Liberalism depends on your way of life.  Throughout the book you see the motives and ultimate outcome of basic liberal thinking:  Extensive market control by people who don't even understand the industries they are regulating; a call for change toward socialization by appealing to "the great need of the people" and "fairness"; the villianization of the competent, actual producers;  the belief that a "need" equals a "right.";  and the idea that a big, controlling government is the solution and not the cause. 

PM me your address and I will send you a copy. 

Brad
It might depress me even more!   [lol]   Are you sure its not called Audacity of Hope?

If you guys have not watched this video please do so!