Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM LECCIA’S STOGIEBIRD ADDS WHOLESALE SALES WITH VINTAGE FRESH SERIES
https://halfwheel.com/sam-leccias-stogie...es/392588/

Stogiebird, an online cigar subscription service and retailer founded by Sam Leccia, will offer a new series of cigars to other retailers. And it’s not just any series of cigars, it’s one that literally contains pieces of the past.
Called Vintage Fresh, the new series is using vintage cigar bands that are placed on new production cigars. The first release is Red Tips, a 5 1/2 x 46 corona made at the La Zona Cigar Factory in Estelí, Nicaragua. It uses an Ecuadorian habano wrapper over a Nicaraguan binder and Nicaraguan fillers. Like many other Stogiebird cigars, it will be packaged in jars, this time 16-count jars that have a Red Tips box label from 1923.

A jar of 16 has an MSRP of $147. Leccia told halfwheel that the Vintage Fresh Series is likely to be limited by the number of bands Leccia can procure. For Red Tips, there will be 6,000 cigars.

“This project just continues to get more and more exciting,” said Leccia in a press release. I have been able to procure millions of these amazing bands. Most of them are still factory sealed from 1915 to the early 50’s. To be able to pair these nostalgic bands with some of the best names in the industry truly honors their legacy.”

Red Tips will be offered in Stogiebird’s April monthly shipment and is the first cigar that Stogiebird will offer to other stores for them to sell. Leccia said the cigars have begun shipping today.
Stogiebird is one of a growing number of cigar subscription services to add a wholesale sales model by selling its cigars to other retailers.  Privada Cigar Club and Luxury Cigar Club have also expanded into wholesale sales.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Good that Sam seems to be doing well.

I've never tried the StogieBird subscription.
Thought about it, but never did it.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles