Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RyJ Cazodores??
Bob would you recomend taking the yellow ribbon off of the bundle and stacking the cigars in the box kind of like Fuente 858s are stacked??
Ok Bob....so let me see here...lol.... if I want to let them rest for say a year or so...just remove the foil bundle from the box and let that sit. Now, if I wanna start trying them now, then remove them from the foil and place them back in the original box. They will still age this way obviously, but better for short term right...

Either way, I gotta change something since I have the entire original box intact as is when it arrived.
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro. You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
oh and one more thing...the foil has a fold on each end, like a CHRISTMAS present! LOL....so what is the big deal if you lift the fold, view the smokes and just close the fold? Its not like a vacuum seal you are breaking?
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro. You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Maduro PiPs Wrote:oh and one more thing...the foil has a fold on each end, like a CHRISTMAS present! LOL....so what is the big deal if you lift the fold, view the smokes and just close the fold? Its not like a vacuum seal you are breaking?
I'm guessing the foil acts kind of like the Tubos do.  They are packed in perfect conditions and should stay that way until they are ready to be smoked.  Just a shot in the dark here, so youll have to wait for Bobs response.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Tfire136 Wrote:Bob would you recomend taking the yellow ribbon off of the bundle and stacking the cigars in the box kind of like Fuente 858s are stacked??
Roger that, the ribbon can be too tight and puts to much compression on the cigars thus my reference to it being a crap shoot if you open nothing and just set the intact foil bag away for the long term. Cut the ribbon with a pair of sissors and toss it and put the cigars back in the box and don't force the lid all the way down.
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Maduro PiPs Wrote:oh and one more thing...the foil has a fold on each end, like a CHRISTMAS present! LOL....so what is the big deal if you lift the fold, view the smokes and just close the fold? Its not like a vacuum seal you are breaking?
Mario, it actually is pretty well sealed. So if you are going to unfold it to view the cigars, clip the ribbon and fold the foil back in place and store it in your humi out of the box. Some folks feel that as "rough" as these cigars are they really don't want them to marry while fresh with the rest of the cigars in your humi. Or just smoke 'em! [cigar]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Leave them in the foil and store them that way.

Mark Wrote:
I'm guessing the foil acts kind of like the Tubos do.  They are packed in perfect conditions and should stay that way until they are ready to be smoked.  Just a shot in the dark here, so youll have to wait for Bobs response.
Bingo Mark.  The foil, like the tubos or even a ceramic jar, will retard the aging process by restricting air movement around the cigars, but aging slower allows the cigars  to age more evenly and consistantly.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]