Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RyJ Cazodores??
Do you guys keep them in the foil or take them out and just put the cigars in the box??? I noticed its a real bitch trying to wrap the cigars back up in the foil and try to  squeeze them back into the box. I hate to damage any of the cigars.
no foil.
They are a very tight fit! Once the foil has been opened discard it, it is no longer relevant. If you are aging them long term or even short term leave the foil intact. [cigar]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
lz6 Wrote:They are a very tight fit! Once the foil has been opened discard it, it is no longer relevant. If you are aging them long term or even short term leave the foil intact. [cigar]
Well I did open the foil when they arrived just to check out their condition. I just threw the foil out and put the cigars back in the box.....it was still a very tight fit! I do plan on aging them for a bit so I hope that not having the foil does not throw anything off.
Tfire136 Wrote:
lz6 Wrote:They are a very tight fit! Once the foil has been opened discard it, it is no longer relevant. If you are aging them long term or even short term leave the foil intact. [cigar]
Well I did open the foil when they arrived just to check out their condition. I just threw the foil out and put the cigars back in the box.....it was still a very tight fit! I do plan on aging them for a bit so I hope that not having the foil does not throw anything off.
I did exactly the same thing on Tuesday Tony.  I hated to leave the foil on and not check out the goods.  MAN, are they rough looking!  The way they pack them even pressed one about 1/8" closed on the end.  Next day it was almost back to round.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
They are rough looking. I could only see 2 that had minor cracks but should smoke just fine.
I smoked one from the box split and that sucker made me a little woozy.  This thing was full to extra full bodied. Big Grin
This is one of my favorite RyJ's!! I love these freekin things! With age they are outstanding!!

Since you have already opened the foil I would say toss it. But if ageing for long term dont crack the seal and loose the box for a while.

These have to be one of the worst looking cubans on the market, but damn they are tasty. Fresh they definatly have some knockdown power but with age they are great! Hope you enjoy those Tfire...They are one of my favorites!!!
whats the whole purpose of this foil.....I mean wouldn't you just want to unfold the top to chk the condition and then reseal it? Mine are still in the foil, in the box.
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro. You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Mario, you may want to carefully get them out of the box, not tearing the foil, and let them sit that way if you are aging them, otherwise as has been said, get 'em out of the foil and let them sit in the box loosely. Don't try to force the lid down. Another issue with these is sometimes the yellow ribbon if present gets tied to damn tight, and if you don't open to look at them it is a crapshoot for long term aging, if you like ageing them sealed in the foil but unseen. Confused yet.........:?
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"