Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules is Rules!

The Good news: It was a normal day in Sharon Springs, KS when a Union Pacific crew boarded a loaded coal train for the long trek to Salina

The Bad news: Just a few miles into the trip a wheel bearing became overheated and melted, letting a metal support drop down and grind on the rail, creating white hot molten metal droppings spewing down to the rail

The Good news: A very alert crew noticed smoke about halfway back in the train and immediately stopped the train in compliance with the rules

The Bad news: [size=2]The train stopped with the hot wheel over a wooden bridge with creosote ties and trusses (In defense of the crew, according to Sixgun Jr., the crew tried to 'splain to higher-ups but were instructed not to move the damn train![/size]

[Image: CoalTrain1.JPG]]

[Image: CoalTrain2.JPG]]

[Image: CoalTrain3.JPG]]

[Image: CoalTrain4.JPG]]

[Image: CoalTrain5.JPG]]

[Image: CoalTrain6.JPG]

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Confusedhock:
HOLY CRAP!!! Confusedhock:Confusedhock:Confusedhock:
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
That is nasty looking!
Damn!!!!! [wow]
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Awesome pics!, that is just freakin wicked how that turned out.  There is a saying, "if it makes sense it's against policy" [lol]
HAHAHAH!!  WOW! 

I used to live in Salina, KS!!!
I'm sorry, but that is funny as hell !!!!   Thanks T, [lol][lol][lol][lol]
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Thanks for the laugh!!!!![lol]
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

lol  Things already is broke, no harm in moving it 40 feet OFF the bridge.
Management.  [doh]