Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocky Patel Edge
Figurado

5x48

wrapper: Costa Rica
Binder: Nicaragua
FIller: Nicaragua

I got warned a long time ago and occassionally get waerned about full bodied smokes. I still hold true to my belief that we can not live on hot dogs alone, I like my variety. I had bought two of these beauties a while back and downed one the same week. Gorgeous wrapper a dark leathery color with some veining and a light oily sheen.

a prelight taste of hay and pepper. Nice draw too, not too easy and not too tight.

The lighting was easy though the burn on both sticks was never truly even it was not bad to where they canoed. The first third of the cigar had a hint of tamarind in the back of the tongue, wow! talk about exotic. I was hooked. My drink tonight with this guy a Sol beer. Amazingly enough
they tame each other enough to make a nice amalgam. As I moved up the cigar, there was a slight moment I thought I tasted raw chicle, don't ask what it tastes like it is one of those things you either experienced or you haven't. The cigar moved on to a nice finish, an Oaky smoke with
a touch of burgundy right along side.

The smoke was rich and creamy, with a nice tight white Ash. If you buy the Edge, let it sit for a bit, trust me it will not dull out on you.
Thanks for the review.  I used to smoke these quite a bit.  What wrapper was it?
The only problem with the edge is quality control! You never know what stick your going to get, strong and powerful or dull and boring.
Costa Rican
Sorry, I mean was it the Maduro, Corojo, or Sumatra?
Maduro
Just smoked one of the Toro Maduros the other day.   Must say, its definately for the full bodied cigar smoker (which I am).   Later I had a Tatuaje Havana Victoria and it was like smoking a Leon Jiminez!  

I think the RP Edge toasted a few taste buds because all the cigars I smoked after just didn't live up to the body they once had!
I can't say the Edge dulled mine but a Nording I had did. Wow, took a couple of days for my taste buds to rest up and come back to where they were.
jeht2000 Wrote:The only problem with the edge is quality control! You never know what stick your going to get, strong and powerful or dull and boring.

bingo.

Rocky buys his tobacco at auction. And his interest seems to cycle between peaks and valleys at times. The original edges and the first batch of seconds were good. Major disappointments afterwards (in flavor, strength and quality) caused me to lose interest in this cigar.

But the earlier release (& maybe some subsequent) were spot on.

Yep. I haven't had an edge that could compare to the ones I had two years ago.

Also, the RP sungrown seems to have fallen off. Now thats a shame! The ones I smoked The first of last year and the end of 06' were powerful with a spicy kick and a creamy core. Now, they are nowhere near that. Those, where some of the best cigars I have EVER smoked. Now, I have a whole box I purchased in 7/07 that I'm about to throw in the trash!! Terrible