Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rib recipe
Anyone got a good recipe for baby back ribs? Only doing a few racks so don't want to get crazy. I have a Big Green Egg and a propane grill and obviously a kitchen...
3-2-1

3 Hrs on the smoker, 2 foiled with apple juice, and 1 back on the smoker.

Trim all the silver skin, coat with mustard, rub with your favorite rub, then toss on the smoker for the 3-2-1.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
I also use the 3-2-1 from time to time, but you probably want to shorten the times a hair if you're doing baby backs. I also use rib candy instead of apple juice and I rarely sauce. Sometimes I do, just depends on if I'm in the mood. I usually do spares though, rarely baby backs. I think T is a baby back expert. You can also google BRITU (best ribs in the universe) and give that a go.
The 3-2-1 method is solid. I've tried a lot of techniques from this site with great results:

http://www.amazingribs.com/recipes/porkn...candy.html
Use the dry rub of choice then wrap in foil and cook in oven for about 4 hours on 200 degrees then throw on the grill with sauce of your choice to crisp them up and give them that good BBQ taste. They will literally fall off the bone. This is a recipe if you don't have a smoker.
Jitzy thanks for the recipe! I am cooking ribs for next weekend for football and don't have a smoker yet
I tend to mustard and dry rub the baby backs, and find that with the smoker at 225*, they are done in about 4 hrs... (I don't foil doing them this way)

The only prob with the 3 2 1 is a smaller loinback rib1.75 and down and is the only rib I've used for 48 years. With that smaller rack you only need to do a 3,1,1 @ 225 to 235* The larger racks do nee more time. They should do great in the egg if you hold 225+ using offset cooking and the minion method where you don't have to open the grill. There is a learning curve but you'll do great

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(08-31-2012, 08:06 AM)tafdom Wrote: The only prob with the 3 2 1 is a smaller loinback rib1.75 and down and is the only rib I've used for 48 years. With that smaller rack you only need to do a 3,1,1 @ 225 to 235* The larger racks do nee more time. They should do great in the egg if you hold 225+ using offset cooking and the minion method where you don't have to open the grill. There is a learning curve but you'll do great

I knew T was the baby back expert. I just got my replacement smoker (my last one was lost in the fire) and I just used the new one for the first time. It still needs some breaking in.
Lost in a fire??? What did you get?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.