Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reputable cigar store in Sayulita, Mex
Hi, folks.  Haven't been online for a long time due to a serious family illness, but I'm still around (like gum on your shoe).

I'm headed to Sayulita, Mexico for a much-needed respite and want to introduce my brothers to cigars on the beach.  I don't want to mess with taking cigars through customs, so am going sans stogie.  Does anyone know of a reputable shop in the area?  I'm just leery of getting ahold of dog rockets.

Thanks.
“I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices whatsoever.”  -Mark Twain
Street vendors are very suspect.  Actual store fronts are often good but you should read up in some of the threads regarding fakes and how to ID them.  The hotels would probably be your best bet.
I would try to buy only from La Casa Del Habano shops, here is a complete list of the ones in Mexico, not sure if any are close to where you are staying. I'm sure you will be able to figure that out.

http://www.lacasadelhabano.cu/mundo_i.asp

Click Mexico
Glad to have you back and posting Deanna and glad to hear things are a little better.  You are just going to be shooting craps buying in Mexico at any place other than a La Casa Del Habano dealer. You may just want to go ahead and take some of yours with you to be safe and know what you are smoking.
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
[user=3]lz6[/user] wrote:
Quote:Glad to have you back and posting Deanna and glad to hear things are a little better. 

ditto! good to see you back on the board, dj. say hi to mexico for me. Big Grin
Very cool link fishhound - Now I know another place to visit when I go to Brazil

http://www.esch.com.br/ac2eng.htm

[Image: brasil03a.jpg]

[Image: brasil01a.jpg]

This place in Rio not only sells cigar but has a cafe, a full bar and restaurant with a substantial menu and wanna know what else? Their take out menu includes cigars - That's right, you can have your stogies hand delivered.  

...and dj, have a great time in Mexico.
Thanks for the feedback, and the "welcome back."  It's definitely good to be able to widen my focus again! Smile
“I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices whatsoever.”  -Mark Twain
Fishound is right.  Always look for La Casa del Habano dealers.