Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redneck fishing
Fish that jump IN the boat.Confusedhock:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/12/eveningnews/main2002871.shtml

[Image: image2003073g.jpg]

Saw this on CBS News last night and couldn't believe it.  Anyone ever do this or know of someone who has?

yeah, I've seen this a few years back. Pretty interesting...
Never seen this, but from the thread title I thought you were going to be talking about noodling, a sport unknown to me until I moved to Oklahoma.

Wikipedia:
Quote:[b]Noodling is the practice and sport of fishing for catfish using only one's bare hands. Noodling may be called grabbling, graveling, hogging, or tickling, depending on what state you're in (Kentuckians call it dogging, while Nebraskans prefer stumping.) Despite these colorful names, it's better explained by the name handfishing; however, this term is less popular among those who participate in noodling. Only five states in the United States have laws explicitly permitting handfishing: Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee; and since 2005, Georgia. Missouri has an experimental noodling season in 2005 on sections of three rivers, from June 1 through July 15.

[Image: noodle1.jpg][/b]
yeah, the dirty jobs guy did that one episode...

seems nuts
I thoght fro sure it was going to be guys throwing dynamite and letting the fish float up.