Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-introduction
It's nice to be back, I have been a member since 2006 but took a very long break from posting. (no health issues, etc, just work / life priorities)  I'm still living in Round Rock, TX and after 12 years here I have no regrets about leaving N.Y. , I like Texas more and more each day.  Since leaving N.Y. and IBM I have worked that last 8 years for Apple, Inc. (corporate) all home based. My current plan is to leave there 11/2017 and start enjoying my social security at 62. Since I last posted my 2 daughters have all grown up an are in college (University of Texas at Austin & Southwestern University at Georgetown, Tx.) . Hobbies are cooking, photography, pool and kayaking. My cigar preferences are mainly Cuban , I find that the majority of very good non-cuban cigars (Davidoff, Padron, Graycliff, etc) cost as much or more than boxed priced cubans so there you go. I do buy non-cubans but they only account for about 15% of my stock. I love to age my cigars and have many Cuban LE's that date back to as far as 2001. With my cigars I enjoy a great cup of coffee (espresso or regular) or a nice stout or porter, with an occasional Anejo tequila. I look forward to meeting new friends and renewing some long overdue ones. If you're in the Austin, Tx area a meet up is always welcome !! I am currently fulfilling my long term humidor goal - converting an antique oak ice box , I will post some pics on that later. To any of my old friends, please drop me a PM and let me know whats new ..., how's the fishing Skipper ?, I finally made it up to Sitka, Alaska for king salmon fishing .... it was awesome. (thats what my profile pic is from)
Wow, I think I joined after you got busy, great reintroduction.
No Justice, No Peace!
Nice to have you back. I barely remember you. If I recall correctly, I thought you were with the TSA?

Great to have an oldtimer back & look forward to your pics and posts...
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Welcome back! Sounds like you have great taste!
-Darrell
Great to see you back Roger!  Smile 

Beautiful re-intro too!  Must be nice to work from home. 

For some reason, I thought you got a job with the border patrol in Texas.

So which cigars, in particular, are your favorites?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Hi there and welcome back!

Welcome back!
Welcome back, Roger! Sounds like a grand life in the heart of Texas.

Doug from California
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
Welcome back!!!
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
Welcome back!
This is my boomstick!