Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raising Taxes
You have seen this again and again!   But it pisses me off!

They have no problem raising your taxes again and again.   Joe Biden says its "patriotic" to step up and pay your fair share.

But when it comes to their own...............................

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28975053

And of course it was a careless mistake.   But only cause he got caught...............

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090121/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/treasury_geithner

I love how they are generous with everyone else's money but their own.

Next on Biden's list of Americans with questionable patriotism...

Tom Daschle!  (Also "Forgot" to pay taxes, now up for Sec. Of Health/Human Services)

I had joked that Lord Obama's cabinet would be filled with the "America Second" crowd, but its nice to see that Biden proves me right with his comments, and Lord Obama with his selections.
is there anyone on his team that does not have any sort of tax issue?

$120,000.00 That one heck of a mistake.

pr!ck
Vitamin G Wrote:Next on Biden's list of Americans with questionable patriotism...

Tom Daschle!  (Also "Forgot" to pay taxes, now up for Sec. Of Health/Human Services)

I had joked that Lord Obama's cabinet would be filled with the "America Second" crowd, but its nice to see that Biden proves me right with his comments, and Lord Obama with his selections.

that is who I linked to in the first paste.
Vitamin G Wrote:Next on Biden's list of Americans with questionable patriotism...

Damm.....now I'll never get an administration job....I paid all my taxes.....
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Being from ND we are very close to SD.   SD was pissed off at Daschle's liberal policies and they booted his ass right out.

ND is a red state with a conservative governor and legislature.   We always run in the black and we keep spending AND taxes in check.   However, with the housing values on the rise in recent years some local governments raised property taxes even though there was no significant increase in spending.   And new house building was up so revenues were at an all time high.   Those who raised property taxes were promptly voted out.   We did not need the increases.

This year we are pushing a 1.3 billion dollar surplus and looking at a 100 million back to the taxpayers in the form of tax rebates on property taxes.  If you did not pay taxes in ND you do not get a rebate.  Simple!   Does Barack Obama subscribe to this mentality?  LOL!

Our economy is booming and we are not in a housing slump here.   ND is a perfect example of conservatism working when implemented.

However, we have two Liberal senators.   They seem to play the system.   Never do they vote the same, or rarely.   When Alito was up for nomination one voted yes and one no.   They alway flip flop and alternate votes and they manage to keep from pissing off too many North Dakotan's.   Luckily, they represent and do not govern ND.

Most North Dakotan's turn a blind eye though at their politics when their self interest is at stake.   We are damn greedy in having our senators get us National subsidies at other taxpayer's expense for the ethanol plants here in ND.   But when it suits people they don't care.   If the free market supports the use of ethanol then it can be considered a viable option.   And if ND really wants the plants to support the demand from the free market then we can build them ourselves at our expense.   And profit accordingly.  

Yet they cannot see that on a national level these two jokers vote for all these National Liberal spending bills that hurt our nation.  Instead of trying to subsidize ethanol, why can these two clear legislation for more oil refineries?  ND is the 7th largest oil producing state in the country and the Bakken Shale shelf in Western ND is said to have as much oil as Saudi Arabia.

Then just when we in ND thought these Sentators were in full support of Barack Obama's bogus redistribution of wealth bill, even our Democrat Kent Conrad threw some criticism towards Barack Obama Friday stating that the stimulus package is not constructed as it should be.   We are like "WOW"!   

However, there have been a lot of radio ads going in opposition of BO's bill and for us to contact our Senators.   I think it got to at least one of them.   But in true fashion I am sure one will vote yea and one will vote nay.

US_Tank Wrote:

[color="red"]Tom Daschle![/color]  (Also "Forgot" to pay taxes, now up for Sec. Of Health/Human Services)

that is who I linked to in the first paste.

Doh!  Only saw the one for Geitner!  Curse my ADD!
With tax season upon us,  I ponder the following:

If I became a card carrying member of the Democratic Party,  would I have to pay taxes? 
US_Tank Wrote:With tax season upon us,  I ponder the following:

If I became a card carrying member of the Democratic Party,  would I have to pay taxes? 
but big d as conservatives our character is not negotiable.  we might be a few dollars richer in the pocket for being democrats but infinitely poorer in spirit, stature and virtue.  Smile
Looks like we the Political Thread back up........  A lot of politcally charged posts and rants.  Maybe having it's own section is good after all.  For one, I prefer to keep it lighthearted but I am one of many....  I come to SC to get away.  All the news talks about is doom and gloom. 

dave....out