Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rafael Gonzalez
Brethren,

Today I was in the mood for something different.  I looked through the humidor and grabbed a smoke that isn't as well known as some of the bigger Cuban names.  I came across a Rafael Gonzalez Corona Extra.  This isn't one of my favorites, but I haven't had one in a while so I decided to give it a go.  Upon inspection I could see that this cigar wasn't the best looking thing in the box.  The wrapper was pale with prominent veins.  The cigar was firm to the touch with solid construction.  I punched the cap and lit the foot.  The first thing that crossed my mind was dry wood.  Not much flavor to speak of at all.  The draw was a bit plugged, but still smokeable.  As I continued, the flavor remained bland and uneventful.  I think the wrapper was a good indication of what I was going to experience with this smoke.  At the halfway point I was so bored I considered dropping it and sparking up a new one.  In hopes things would change I marched forward.  Well, my patience was unanswered.  The cigar was dull from beginning to end.  On to the next......

[Image: gallery_7858_1038_2413.jpg]

[Image: gallery_7858_1038_20617.jpg]

[Image: gallery_7858_1038_4365.jpg]

[Image: gallery_7858_1038_9788.jpg]

[Image: gallery_7858_1038_20339.jpg]
That sucks. But shouldn't this be in the bad cigar reviews?
"For the man who takes success with ease"