Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RG Lonsdale
Not sure of the year as it was a gift, all i can say WOW, like a Cocoa bomb went off in my mouth., rich earty cocoa flavor right to the nub, this is a cigar that you wish for 5 more inches of it was that good. burn was good, draw was a little tight. construction other wise great.
Sweet review, sir.  I've never had an RG, but hearing what you've got to say about them, I think they are definitely worth a shot.

Thanks for posting.
If I'm not mistaken, this is one of LZ's favorite cigars.

I have yet to have one as well, but I have heard MANY great things about them.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
You are not mistaken Mark. This was my first cigar way back in the early 60's or very late 50's. "Borrowed" from my Uncles humi, these were his favorites. I can remember visiting his B&M in Los Angeles while he picked up a few boxes. I have always liked these cigars, normally mild to medium, always rolled well with a good draw and interesting flavors......[cigar] You guys would have enjoyed my Uncle, an avid cigar lover, Cuban cigars being legal in those days, he had 2 good size desktop humi's from Cuba. He was an Episcopal minister and his parish then was right on Echo Park in Los Angeles.

While the cigars goes back to the twenty's the current name started in the mid- 40's. Named for the Hugh Cecil Lowther, the 5th Earl of Lonsdale and brought the lonsdale vitola to cigars. Sadly Habanos is discontinuing the RG Lonsdales..........[baby]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"