Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RETROHALEING
hey guys been looking this up ran up on it on docstogiefresh's youtube page was wondering who does it an does it really bring out more flavors you can't taste?
i think i have done it a few times, but may work up to it if its what doc says it is. thanks guys
Yeah I do it and for me it was night and day as far as flavors and cigar experience. I don't exhale all the smoke usually, just a little bit towards the end. It's best to try with lighter cigars at first.
No Justice, No Peace!
I do, but usually only on the first half of the cigar, and very lightly at that. Just enough to tickle the nose hair lol. Ive done it heavily with pipes for almost 14 years but cigars tend to burn a little more if I get excited doing it. I havent seen the videos your talking about but for me, yes it seems to add another dimension or complexity to the tobacco Im smoking. Just my 2 pennies.
Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
thanks for your 2 pennies branden lmao i love guys 2 pennies cause usually those 2 cents can turn to 2 dollars of knowledge lol if that even make any sense.
anyway i will post that vid for you guys if you haven't seen it.
I try it every now and then. Good stuff for sure and thanks for the video. Always good to see it again.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I've made it a habit with everything I smoke. a lot of NC cigars can be almost painful through the nose, so tread lightly when your retrohaling strong, full bodied smokes.
[Image: image.php?u=229&type=sigpic&dateline=1261594202]
I like it a lot. and it's never painful to me unless the cigar is loosely packed and harsh. The first inch of an Oliva V will wake your azz up though!
I also retrohale lighter cigars and tend to tread lightly with it at first to get a sense if it will burn or not. I rarely retrohale, if ever, strong cigars. It really does add a whole new dimension to the aroma. Also, you can fan some if the exhaled smoke, exhaled via mouth, back toward your nose for another dimension of aroma.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
I've always done it. It was a cigarette thing.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.