Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question
Thanks for the info, I'll have to try those out.  I tried the RP sungrown and liked that.  I'll check out those others though.
I love em' a good bourbon cigar after a steak dinner. Cool
I have a box of the Consuls. I love these things. As long as you pace yourself you should be OK....just make sure you eat beforehand.
Headley Wrote:Hey IV, welcome to StogieChat first off.

The JdN Antano is one of the fullest bodied cigars out there and puts many a smoker on their can.  The struggle with them is I find them to be pretty tasty as well so it's hard to pace yourself and not herf through the damn thing.  I find the Consul does it more to me than the Belicoso but they both take more pace than a similar Robusto or Belicoso because of their strength.
I agree....the Consul is more of a KICK then the Belicoso. I suggest theGran Habano #5. Try it. Cigar Penguin's post of suggestions are good to go too.
IV Wrote:Wanted to ask a question. Anyone feel free to help out. I have been smoking cigars on and off for around 10 years give or take. Well, this evening I took out a Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970. It was my first time with this brand.

This cigar put me on my butt! I have had strong cigars (or what I thought were strong) and this one seemed not to bad at first, but after about 15 minutes it hit me! BAM I actually got naseous, light headed and not the usual very mild buzz. Has this happened to any of you before? 

Thoughts?

IV
IV, do you inhale? I for one do most of the time, wish I didnt , but if one does it generaly takes the edge off as far as the buzz goes. Also how often do you smoke? I generaly smoke about 3 pr day. The leaf can be a strong substance when it wants to be! Just kick back and enjoy!Tongue
Ghostdog Wrote:
IV Wrote:Wanted to ask a question. Anyone feel free to help out. I have been smoking cigars on and off for around 10 years give or take. Well, this evening I took out a Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970. It was my first time with this brand.

This cigar put me on my butt! I have had strong cigars (or what I thought were strong) and this one seemed not to bad at first, but after about 15 minutes it hit me! BAM I actually got naseous, light headed and not the usual very mild buzz. Has this happened to any of you before? 

Thoughts?

IV
IV, do you inhale? I for one do most of the time, wish I didnt , but if one does it generaly takes the edge off as far as the buzz goes. Also how often do you smoke? I generaly smoke about 3 pr day. The leaf can be a strong substance when it wants to be! Just kick back and enjoy!Tongue

I have been know to smoke a couple cigars in a day, but I usually smoke 4 to 6 per week, on average. I don't intentionally inhale, but you probably know it's impossible to not inhale at least some smoke.

Now a little more info for ya. This particular cigar that I mentioned above "literally" put me on my butt. I actually got sick and had to lay down. At one point I thought I was gonna hurl. So this was something more than a buzz, which was why I was posting about it.

Have any of you ever got so sick after smoking a big fat strong cigar, that you felt like I did with nausea? Cmon, don't be afraid to say a cigar put you on your a$$. Big Grin One last thing, It took me about 3 days to recover from it. My stomach was sore for that long, and no I wasn't sick with the flu.

IV
IV Wrote:
Ghostdog Wrote:

Thoughts?

IV

I have been know to smoke a couple cigars in a day, but I usually smoke 4 to 6 per week, on average. I don't intentionally inhale, but you probably know it's impossible to not inhale at least some smoke.

Now a little more info for ya. This particular cigar that I mentioned above "literally" put me on my butt. I actually got sick and had to lay down. At one point I thought I was gonna hurl. So this was something more than a buzz, which was why I was posting about it.

Have any of you ever got so sick after smoking a big fat strong cigar, that you felt like I did with nausea? Cmon, don't be afraid to say a cigar put you on your a$$. Big Grin One last thing, It took me about 3 days to recover from it. My stomach was sore for that long, and no I wasn't sick with the flu.

IV

Cigars like the JDN will put you on your ass if your not careful smoking them and you have an empty stomach.  They are in a sense just like Opus, LFD's, and Litto Gomez'.  I'd say try another after a nice meal.

And yes there is one cigar that did put me on my ass and make me sick, it was a Litto Gomez Americano.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:
IV Wrote:
Ghostdog Wrote:

Thoughts?

IV

IV

Cigars like the JDN will put you on your ass if your not careful smoking them and you have an empty stomach.  They are in a sense just like Opus, LFD's, and Litto Gomez'.  I'd say try another after a nice meal.

And yes there is one cigar that did put me on my ass and make me sick, it was a Litto Gomez Americano.

Makes sense. I look back now in wonder at whether or not I actually had dinner first. I'm pretty sure it was a long day for me and I was trying to unwind before dinner. Ditto on that Mark. I think I will try one after dinner some time...in like 10 years. lol I thought that cigar was dipped in something. So did my wife. I felt like such a wuss. Big Grin 

IV
I'm not a fan of the JdN Antano 1970's.  All power with no complexity of finesse.  They'd make me nauseus even on a full stomach - maybe even more so.  If you want an ultra-strong cigar that has these, go for the Litto Gomez Diez's.  I'm not big on power-houses like these, but the LGD is a much better cigar overall.  I really like the chisel shape.  I have a handful that I'm hoping will age into something a little more managable.
Sounds like this would be good one to age for a good long time! Confusedhock:

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

> > Cigar Rights - Help Exempt Premium Cigars From FDA Regulation!