Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punch Rare Corojo Champion
Today I had a Punch Rare Corojo Champion.
It's described as a medium to full bodied Honduran cigar.

It is made with dark Sumatra wrapper leaves that are grown in the mountains of Ecuador. The filler is a rich blend of Honduran, Nicaraguan and Dominican tobaccos.

Lets see, how do I describe it except to say it was excellent. I'm not experienced enough to say what it tasted like except I tasted a hint of pepper.

It had a consistent burn and smooth draw. I did not want to end it. So much so, that towards the end it looked like I was smoking a doobie. Came damn close to burning my fingers and lips.

I will be ordering a box soon and making sure my humidor is stocked with it.
Tony
When you have walked in my shoes, done what I've done, seen what I've seen, then maybe you can criticize.
nice review. to be honest i have not had much from Punch in a long time. since before i was regularly smoking and collecting i think. i need to give a few sticks a try.
--Mike
I love the entire Punch Rare Corojo line. For the price there is nothing bad you can say. I buy a box every year.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Great review Tony. I had a Rare Corojo Crystale (the belicoso in the glass tubo) earlier this year and while it was a good cigar I think maybe I was expecting too much because I was a bit underwhelmed. As T says though, I certainly can't say anything bad about it.

I really want to try the Uppercut Ometepe - wow that's a nice looking cigar.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

Not a punch fan but the corojo is the best of the line. Still I don't seach these out.