Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punch Black Prince
Size: 5 5/8 x 46
Shape: Grand Corona
Wrapper: Cuba
Filler: Cuba
Binder: Cuba

This has a box code on it from 2000. So this is almost a vintage cigar.

The draw on this cigar is very tight. I was still able to get long draws but its one tight rolled cigar. The burn is very good with a sharp slow burn.

This is a medium cigar with a real interesting flavor profile. The flavor is complex with a real earthyness mix along with a burnt nutts back drop. What makes this interesting is each draw has a burst of flavor and nice aftertaste but its light.
What I mean by that is you have this wonderful flavor with a nice finish and then its gone quickly. So it does not linger on your taste buds after you release the smoke. So I would describe it like a light white wine that hits your taste buds and then is gone.

I give this cigar a 8.7 out of 10

The next 2 I smoke I am going to use a poker to see if I can open the smoke up and that might really improve it.

I do not think any more age on this cigar will help it. It needs to be smoked in the next 2 years because I think it might peak at the 10 year point. 
A greatly overlooked cigar for the most part. The mid 90's are a real pleasure, imo. A lot of Habanos mfg around 2000 have draw problems among other things. I was sorry to see the BP dropped from the line. 
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
thanks BYS,  nice review
lz6 Wrote: The mid 90's are a real pleasure, imo.
Most of us don't have the pleasure.  Tongue  I could on dream.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
BTW, great cigar BYS, absolutely one of my all time faves.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Thanks for the great review
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!