• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punch
Champion

Size: 4 1/2 x 54
Shape: Perfecto
Wrapper: Ecuador
Filler: D.R., Hon, Nic
Binder: Ecuador

Odd shaped cigar with an oily chocolate brown wrapper that imparts a woodsy smell, with hints of sweetness. It was it's unique almost tear drop shape that drew me to this cigar in the first place.

using a nine millimeter punch renders this a nice easy smoke, with a good draw, though some may be just a bit tight at the start due to the it tapering back down. Once you make it past the first quarter inch all is fair.

The Prelight draw is very reminescent of a walk through the woods shortly after sunrise. It is a refreshing, woodsy flavor, with no bitterness or spice to it. When you first light up you will get a nice citrusy smoke, that will begin to convert to a nutty woodsy flavor that finishes off with a strong hit of sweet chocolate.

The large foot makes for easy lighting but you really need to be careful to fully light the foot or you can easily cause an uneven burn with these guys, mostly due to the odd shape.

At an average of four dollars a stick, it is not a bad smoke. It is the type of cigar you can sit back with at the end of the day and wind down. It is a good general purpose cigar. This cigar is good for beginners and experienced smokers alike as the flavors blend real well on their own or even with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee. I am sure this would go great with an alcoholic drink as well.
Maybe good with an Irish Coffee Wink Sounds like a nice smoke, thanks for the

review Joe.
Sounds good man, I like those good everyday smokes!
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
I love these.  thanks
My favorite Punch...
Nice review... Wink
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
Nice review! These are one of my favorite "short smokes" . . . a real satisfying, go-to bargain with just enough kick.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Thanks for the review.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Got one at my B&M when they first came out.  Pretty good smoke!
Thanks for the nice review of the Punch Champion. We will be coming out with the Double Maduro version in the Spring of 2009.
Wow very nice thanks for the update
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!