Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presents
It's been a very tough year for us. Actually the last few have been. Anything we get or do, it will be just for the kids.

Just don't have the old Christmas Spirit anymore...seems to have been ripped out of me.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Its pretty easy with my family. We draw a name on thanksgiving and each buy a fifty dollar gift for one person. My dad has drawn my name two years in a row and always wants a list. I have been giving him a few different scotch ideas. Works out great. Of course we go a little crazy getting stuff for my nephew. But thats what the favorite uncle is supposed to do, right.

Me and the wife just get each other a few small things for our stockings. It got a little out of control with the spending. This year we decided to not do gifts with her brother and his girl. Nobody likes to get some crap they dont want, and thats what seems to happen.
I like smoking lightning
(12-17-2011, 03:33 PM)Tonto Wrote: It's been a very tough year for us. Actually the last few have been. Anything we get or do, it will be just for the kids.

Just don't have the old Christmas Spirit anymore...seems to have been ripped out of me.

Jan, I'm with you. I force myself to smile when someone wishes me a Merry Christmas. I have no use for it. I'm done.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
I got The Man an ice fishing tent that he's been wanting. He was going to buy it anyway, so I told him to buy what he wanted and I'd wrap it for Christmas. For in his stocking, I bought some little bottles at the Liquor Store. They are the bottles that are usually in his drunken stories from "back in the day" those 3 bottles are his only surprise.
I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. -Mae West
Not doing gifts this year.
Me and the better half put a $75 cap after too may years of spending a few hundred each. The Mrs. just got her masters in early childhood education and has been wanting stuff to put in her futre classroom. A little after labor day we had $1.00 flashcards, books, activities etc. on 70% clearance at work. Spent $15 and bought EVERYTHING we had. She also loves the Dollar Tree classroom stuff so I spent the rest and bought one of about everything they had. I wrapped all of it in a giant box. That was in September. That plus working retail has made Christmas extra desensitized this year.
I give other family members gift cards. It's just too damn hard to shop for anyone, and they all appreciate the chance to get what they REALLY wanted during the after xmas sales.

The last few years it's been prepaid Visas, but this year my nephew and I are teaming up to give Mom the shopping spree of her life at Macy's.
NANP™
Viking1
http://www.bnd.com/2011/12/15/1981166/an...kmart.html
I have honestly thought about doing this.......

I bought my wife a new phone this year, and a laptop in October. I told her those are her X-Mas and Birthday presents since her B-Day is 1-26. We usually do not get each too much, but this year has been pretty good.

We always buy our kids 1 expensive gift each and then a bunch of little things such as clothes and matchbox cars.
This year I got my wife a heated throw I heard her say she wanted. I also got one for Dominic's lady because she is always freezing. I got him a small food processor I heard him say he needed and a Groupon for a $200 pair of glasses for $50 and a $50 visa card. That is all the Christmas for us this year. OH, and a craigslist turntable that djaric picked up for me.

I always remembered growing up and the room was wall to wall stuff. When my bro had kids it was the same. The prob is that end up with only a few faves and the rest went into the closet.

That's when I decided when Dominic was born to only get him 3 gifts. The prob is the older he got the more expensive the got but worked out.

My prob is I have always had everything I want. I always tell people to just get something for the kid and my wife just wraps something I got for myself. Other than that I just listen to make my choices for others in the past.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Of course since this is Alex's first Christmas, that will be our focus... and as the first and only gradchild, I think that he will be set... Smile

Nicole and I are actually going low-key for each other this year as we have something we are working on for the new year. (No, not another kid... LOL)