Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Posh hotel, police chief and an Opus X
Poriggity Wrote:Sweet Story Dave!  Now, the question is, did he light it up right there while you were finishing off your Soprano?
Scot  

I was a bit dissappointed that he did'nt, but just as much relieved that he didnt as well, I did notice that he had it in his hand for the remainder of the time he was there and occasionally put it to his mouth.

I have no doubt that it got smoked when he got a bit more peace to enjoy it.

I still think it was the Soprano's he was after, we spoke a bit about the series, and although he was not dissappointed with the Opus X in ANY way, I will have a spare Soprano's with me when I get down here in June after my leave. I would rather have him as a friend than a foe. Wink
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Amen to that.
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Parkster Wrote:I still think it was the Soprano's he was after, we spoke a bit about the series, and although he was not dissappointed with the Opus X in ANY way, I will have a spare Soprano's with me when I get down here in June after my leave. I would rather have him as a friend than a foe. Wink
He was probably part of the Russian mob, and wanted your Soprano so he could be just like a "real American" mobster.  Wink
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:So who else, in their next life, whats to come back as Parkster? Wink
Hey! :X  I called dibs on this a whole forum ago!
hell yeah 007!  that is a grea damn story, and major props for being that cool through the whole thing.  Cool
[user=44]Rob The Long Island Cowboy[/user] wrote:
Quote:
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:So who else, in their next life, whats to come back as Parkster? Wink
Hey! :X  I called dibs on this a whole forum ago!

yeah, yeah. that was only when you found out the parkster had a habit of chatting up hot rock stars in airport lounges. come to think of it... damn. double dog dare dibs!!!
Trust me on this one guys,

Its not that great being me sometimes. Wait till I get home and post some of the pictures I have taken over the past couple of months.

I'll give you a taste in words of where I was for the past 2 1/2 days.

Picture the scene.

Barren landscape, oil field pipe yard, 5 guys who looked like desendants of Ghengis Khan, OLD railway line leading to a quarry and a slag heap that I thought was a mountain at first, all of which is 35km outside of Baku city on the road to Iran. On the opposite side of the rail-track and road was an old soviet block housing scheme, looked a lot like a scene from "Black Hawk Down" in Somalia, a real NO GO area for locals, let alone anybody western.

Lunch time on day 2 saw me jump with the sound of small arms fire, followed promptly by a military chopper buzzing the area.

I still had a days work to complete on the next phase of the wells pre-assembly, and was constantly looking over my shoulder when people from the estate would appear on the opposite side of the yard fence walking along the rail tracks.

Oh, and I almost forgot about the pack of 8 wild dogs we came across on day one outside the gate to the yard ........ big frickin dogs as well.

So, as I say, its not that great to be me sometimes, I know I wish I was somebody else at times.

Sad
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Perhaps your new influential friend can hook you up with some carry protection, for say wild dogs and all.  And if you need cigar ammo that he would like let us know.  Watch you back as always Dave.
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Then again,

Tonight (its 23:06 here) saw me get a pack of 5 Cubans from the boss man, 2 Quintero's, 2 Monte No4's and an unbanded one. He asked if I would take a Soprano down for him next trip, and if I could bring more Opus X he would pay me well for them. I told him I would make no promises, but that the Soprano would be no problem.

Then.............

Jennifer Lopez is launching her new perfume at Parfam De France in Baku before anywhere else in the world apparently.

So the launch was being photo-shot in .......... you guessed it, my hotel.

Que lots of drop dead gorgeous models, camera crew and make up folk.

The models were in various stages of undress, but covering their modesty while relaxing between shoots in the bar.

Bill will hate me for this.

Sasha, Helena and Mika, heard the Parksters dolset twang when I ordered another Glenfiddich (I did kind of make sure they did by ordering beside them at the bar rather than wait for the waitress to come over), had a giggle or three between them, then sat at my table and asked me where I was from. My collegue was stunned into silence and just sat there for 20 minutes will I worked my mojo (his words, not mine).

So I suppose ....... sometimes ....... its good to be me.Tongue
lz6 Wrote:Perhaps your new influential friend can hook you up with some carry protection, for say wild dogs and all.  And if you need cigar ammo that he would like let us know.  Watch you back as always Dave.

Guns are a huge no no here, hard labour jail time (if they dont shoot you first) is still very rife down here, the USA are currently pissed of with Azerbaijan because of the political prisoners and human rights issues that are ongoing, but I did make an enquiry or two with our buyer down here. Guns are not the most comfortable thing in the world for me, I must admit.

But as the buyer said, "Its like this Dave, you may never need one, but the day you do, and actually have one, is the day you will be glad you did".

Sounds all mest up to me, but it made some sense.

I'm hoping to never need one personally.