Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Por Larranaga Robusto Limited Reginal Release - Asia Pacific
Well just thought I would add my take on this cigar as MikeD and myself just smoked one of these last night.

They need a lot more time!

Despite that, they diffinatly have potontial. First third was so mild, milder then a Macanudo. Strange thing I tasted sweet cherries, muted but it was there. Then about a third in the cigar really started to build and became a medium bodied smoke nice flavors but still muted, some spice started to show. I also noticed some typical PL profile starting to show, but more full bodied then the PLPC's that I usually smoke.  I also could smell some ammonia but never tasted it during smoking it. By the end of the cigar, it was close to being a full bodied smoke. I didn't nub this cigar as I was becoming bored with it. For now I would sit on these for a long time, I'm sure they will become great. However I have no clue how long that will take. I'll check back with them in about three years.

Marcelo,

Somebody at my herf had a Por Larrañaga Regional Edition Asia Pacific that was longer. Was it you? Or am I mistaken. Was that one the German Regional Edition? Because I tried one and thought it was great but I know it wasn't the Robusto.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
This cigar went from one extreme to the other, and not very subtlely either.

First 1/3 was milder than a Mac, and the last half was as if someone turned on the flood gates.  I didn't get the hint of cherry Bob noticed.  Everything was too muted to start.

They need way more time to balance out, but it does have some very good aging potential.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
MikeD Wrote:This cigar went from one extreme to the other, and not very subtlely either.

First 1/3 was milder than a Mac, and the last half was as if someone turned on the flood gates.  I didn't get the hint of cherry Bob noticed.  Everything was too muted to start.

They need way more time to balance out, but it does have some very good aging potential.

This comming from a guy from NYC, what the hell does he know!

Tongue
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Dr. Stogie Fresh Wrote:Marcelo,

Somebody at my herf had a Por Larrañaga Regional Edition Asia Pacific that was longer. Was it you? Or am I mistaken. Was that one the German Regional Edition? Because I tried one and thought it was great but I know it wasn't the Robusto.

Doc

Doc,

I think was Maytagman who fired up a PL at the herf. Bill referred to it as a Magnifico which is another cigar all together and it is longer. The Magnifico is a limited release for England (Reino Unido) and is on my short list once I get my hands on one. 

Fishhound and MikeD I agree that these need some major time. I'll revisit them in another year to see how they progress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUe71D9IeM&eurl=http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=95848

After watching this review on youtube I decided to give it another try before the year was up.  I paired it with wine this time taking a lead from Aussies and although this is still a work in progress as it still needs more time, I like the way this cigar smoked much more than the one 7 months ago. Perhaps was the fact that I listened to Mark's advice and avoided the Sierra Nevada.

More pronounced sweetness upfront this time around  but it still turned Jekyll & Hyde from the middle to the last 1/3. I can't say that I was disappointed with the results this time around considering how low the bar was previously set. I now actually look forward to the next one... in time.