Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popping the Question
One of my closest friends, not Rick or TC, is proposing to his girlfriend this weekend.  Assuming she says yes, we will have to have a cigar to celebrate.  Any suggestions?  It will be an after dinner smoke.  The meal will be Italian, with plenty of red wine - but not so much wine that we won't enjoy the cigars.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Sounds like a "special occassion" cigar to start with a nice hearty meal to go along with it.  IMHO, any of the Padron 64 or 26 lines will do nicely.  Great flavorfull cigars on the fuller side of medium in most cases.  Other choices but about as hard to find are Tatuaje, Pepin Garcia, Padilla Miami, and of course Opus X.

Good luck to your friend.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Headley Wrote:Sounds like a "special occassion" cigar to start with a nice hearty meal to go along with it.  IMHO, any of the Padron 64 or 26 lines will do nicely.  Great flavorfull cigars on the fuller side of medium in most cases.  Other choices but about as hard to find are Tatuaje, Pepin Garcia, Padilla Miami, and of course Opus X.

great choices. Just make sure the Padron's are the anniversary cigars otherwise they are quite pedestrian.

Or an opus.

For that really special celebration smoke, see if you can get a hold of a God of Fire or a zino platinum chubby (not the ceptor line) or a Davidoff 100 year-each of these will run around 30 to 50 each.
Thanks guys.  Now the fun part - hunting down the sticks.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
Headley Wrote:Sounds like a "special occassion" cigar to start with a nice hearty meal to go along with it.  IMHO, any of the Padron 64 or 26 lines will do nicely.  Great flavorfull cigars on the fuller side of medium in most cases.  Other choices but about as hard to find are Tatuaje, Pepin Garcia, Padilla Miami, and of course Opus X.

great choices. Just make sure the Padron's are the anniversary cigars otherwise they are quite pedestrian.

Or an opus.

For that really special celebration smoke, see if you can get a hold of a God of Fire or a zino platinum chubby (not the ceptor line) or a Davidoff 100 year-each of these will run around 30 to 50 each.
I'd say the God of Fire really makes a statement that it is a special occasion.
so not these?
out of curiosity is your friend a regular cigar smoker?  you'd hate to see a celebratory smoke ruin the evening by turning someone green.  all the suggestions so far are wonderful and you can't lose with any of them but some pack a little punch to the unitiated.

for my .02 throw in the cuban monte #2.  world renowned and loved.

best of luck to your friend.
He is a regular smoker.  Loves the Monte 2.
Magnum, PI Wrote:so not these?

No.

The chubby I am talking about comes only by the box. A metal affair (titanium) of 3 cigars & runs for around $140
[Image: zino_platinum.jpg]

the boxes are on the left. They open like match boxes (& even include match strikers on the side)
I believe they are called the Platinum Crown

[Image: 25265.jpg]

[Image: kccweb_1945_194544299]