Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picked Out my Mothers Headstone Today...
Hey Mac!  Times like that are tough.  I know that you did your mother proud.  I am close so anything you need let me know!  I am proud to share the same birthday with her.
awesome choice mac, i am sorry for your loss, but i think that quote is awesome.

and same to you ben, my condolences, and i am sorry for your loss as well.
Sorry to hear about your loss both you and Ben, like NAAP I don't look forward to my turn. Your mother's final words left me with misty eyes.
Mac, Hy heart goes out to you. There are few words that make any of it easier. I have done the same thing 3 times and it never got easier. At lease the memories stay with us forever and are burned in our brain for us to enjoy.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Truly inspiring Gunnar. Rest easy, you guys did a fantastic job.
macallan2 Wrote:Well, today brought one of the hardest things I've had to do since my mom passed.  We had to choose the headstone design.  My sister and I had been putting it off but we had to get it done and I told her I'd be ready whenever she was.  That ended up being in the middle of my work day today.  She called with no warning and said she was at the funeral home on Speaker and we had to do it right then.  It was tough and a bit surreal but I think we did a good job.  We spent about 45 minutes on the phone trying to figure out just what to put on this slab of rock for the ages to remember my lost hero.  I think we did a good job.  You see, when my mom passed my sister and I were each handed a letter she'd written and left with the staff at the hospice.  The final words my mother left me with were, "remember my son, I'm never more than a thought and a prayer away..."

Yvonne Marie Carlson

June 6, 1948  -  July 4, 2007

"I'm never more than a thought and a prayer away"

Thanks for letting me share boys.  I hope we did her proud...  Love ya mom[angel]
Sorry to hear about your loss, Mac.  I think you guys definitely did her proud. 
The more I think about it, the more moved I am by your mothers quote Mac, sounds like she was an amazing woman. This was the final draft of ours (although I think my brother may have formatted the dates differently.) Unfortunately I won't be around for the unveiling of the stone as I will be in boot camp but I really thought this would be something she would be proud of.

Elizabeth Anne Brofman Huetter

1955-2007

Unconditional Love

Mother, Friend, Daughter, Sister

Once again Mac, your mothers quote is really moving and I am sure she is incredibly proud!

-Ben
Very nice Mac Smile
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

My heart goes out to you both. I am blessed to still have my Mom with me, but have had to do this already for my Daddy. It is surreal. I am misty and as a Mom of a son, I know in my heart the love these ladies carried for you all of their lives.
You both did very well and am sure made them proud once again.
FSU Stogie Wrote:The more I think about it, the more moved I am by your mothers quote Mac, sounds like she was an amazing woman. This was the final draft of ours (although I think my brother may have formatted the dates differently.) Unfortunately I won't be around for the unveiling of the stone as I will be in boot camp but I really thought this would be something she would be proud of.

Elizabeth Anne Brofman Huetter

1955-2007

Unconditional Love

Mother, Friend, Daughter, Sister

Once again Mac, your mothers quote is really moving and I am sure she is incredibly proud!

-Ben
I like it, Ben.  Yeah, it's kinda funny how this all works because due to some BS I wasn't able to attend the internment so I don't even really know where my mom's final resting place is.  Hopefully they'll have this dona and I'll get to visit at the end of February when I'm out there...