Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partagas series S Perfecto (NC)
Well, I usually shy away from anything with the Partagas name that's not from about 90 miles south of miami but something about this cigar caught my eye when I was in Milwaukee.  I paid $8 for one but found them online for ~$85/box.  Superior has them on sale right now actually.  This is a 6" x 49 ring gauge, cameroon wrapper beauty of a perfecto.  The wrapper was pleasant to the eye and not too veiny.  Prelight aroma was very reminescent of cammie wrapper.  I really don't know how else to describe it except to say it's really what you expect from cameroon.  The draw was perfect. The ash held for over an inch and was pure grey.  The first few puffs were very woody and sweet.  No real spice came through in this cigar until the nub.  The sweetness did mellow and leave you with nothing but the woody cameroon notes.  This cigar seemed very one-dimensional but in a good way - or at least not a bad way.  This cigar seemed light on the palate.  A good choice for early in a herf rotation or an after lunch smoke (or breakfast if you're like meBig Grin)

Being someone who loves the cameroon flavor profile, I'd add this one to the occasional rotation.  At less than $4 a cigar I think they're a good value based on flawless construction and good (albeit a bit one-dimensional) flavor profile.  I'd love to see if these developed any complexity with some age.  Nothing in the cigar itself gave me much hope of this but I'd love to see it happen. 
Good review Mac....i've never had one of those

-jesse
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
i should try one of those, I keep saying I will.
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
ColbyPants Wrote:i should try one of those, I keep saying I will.
I felt the same way.  It really was a good stick and the people at the shop tried to tell me if I liked AF Hemingway (one of my favs) then I'd like this as well as a cheaper alternative.  Well, I'd never go so far as to say this is on the same level but it is a nice stick and something I'll definitely consider as a lunch/midday smoke.