Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Padron Serie 1926 40th Ann Torpedo Maduro
[*]Size: 6 1/2 x 54
[*]Shape: Torpedo
[*]Wrapper: Nicaragua
[*]Filler: Nicaragua
[*]Binder: Nicaragua  

I dug deep in the humi for something special today.

This is one hell of cigar.

The construction is perfect with a razor sharp burn and perfect draw. The cigar burns very slow and with the large ring gauge never gets hot.

The flavor is rich mahogany wood, coffee grounds, touch of chocolate, leather and aftertaste of pepper. The balance is perfect. Its strong but not overpower but has enough nicotine to keep your attention. The dark flavor just lingers on the taste buds after you release the smoke.

I really don't know how much of an improvement the 40th addition really is over the normal 26th. I really don't think that much maybe a little more complex.

This is really a very high priced smoke at $30 a stick so its a very special cigar.

This is a 9.7 out of 10 for me.

Before one trys one of these cigars smoke other padrons to see if you like the flavor profile.

Thanks for the review!
that is an AWESOME cigar!
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
I had the Padron 1926 #9 tonight, and it was damn nice.  I must say, though, that I'd never pay $20 for one again.  Not that it wasn't great, but I just didn't find it THAT much better than a regular series Padron, RP Edge, or LFD double ligero chisel maduro.  Was it better, sure, but enough for the price difference?  Not in my opinion.
BigB123 Wrote:I had the Padron 1926 #9 tonight, and it was damn nice.  I must say, though, that I'd never pay $20 for one again.  Not that it wasn't great, but I just didn't find it THAT much better than a regular series Padron, RP Edge, or LFD double ligero chisel maduro.  Was it better, sure, but enough for the price difference?  Not in my opinion.

Ditto! 
Back Yard Smokes Wrote:The flavor is rich mahogany wood
"I have lots of leather bound books and my apartent smells of rich mahogany wood"

Anyone?  Anyone?
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:
"I have lots of leather bound books and my apartent smells of rich mahogany wood"

Anyone?  Anyone?
cardamum?? Tongue
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
Mark Wrote:

Anyone?  Anyone?
cardamum?? Tongue
No dope, what movie is it from!!
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Yes a great cigar....I think the only difference is that the 40th is a torp....maybe a different fermentation process......Wheres BungalowBill when you need um????Big Grin
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Awesome cigar and review. I never met a 1926 or 64  I didn't love.

OUCH on the $30

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.