Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nub USA – Studio Tobac Sampler 2012- Mini Noob Review
Nub USA – Studio Tobac Sampler 2012- Mini Noob Review
Guys I got this from the kick off tour on April 5, 2012. It has about 2 weeks in my humi on it. This is the second cigar from the sampler I have had, and I have to say so far I am very, very impressed. Bryan had told me one night that sampler was badass, well he hit the nail on the head with that comment, and I have only smoked two of the cigar out of the sampler. I smoked this one over the one that came in my Advisory Board package only because it had rested those two weeks.
Guys going to stick with this layout that I used from my Oliva V European review. Nothing fancy just my thoughts from a new cigar smoker.
Overall :
Size : 4x56
Release : Studio Tobac Sampler 2012
Burn Time : Around 1 hr 45 min (I smoked slowly, yes very slow, lol)
Cut : Xikar V Cutter (love this cutter, only cutter that’s better is my ST cutter)
Lit With : Torch
Burn : Had to correct a little bit, nothing major, but that could have been my light. Other than that it had extremely good burn.
Draw : Draw was flawless, not too much and not tight. Plenty of smoke… Excellent Draw
Ash : Fell right before the 3/3
Drink : Bottle Water (I usually only ever drink water when I am testing or reviewing so nothing messes with cigar.)
Temp : I don’t know maybe like 74-78ish, I wasn’t paying attention
Pros : It’s a nub that says enough about the pros…
Cons : Couldn’t find one.

Ok here goes as I always mention, my palate is not refined like some of the vets around here, so my reviews are for the average guy like me, which has only been smoking around 3 years...I always like to put that in my review. So here goes
[Image: af6bd857.jpg]
[Image: 08a09d1f.jpg]
[Image: 15aaa070.jpg]

Start 1/3: The pre-draw on this was so good, I didn’t want to light; I had to make myself light the flipping stick… This cigar to me had a leathery, creamy flavor starting out, this seem to me lasted throughout the entire cigar. It left my palate literally feeling creamy. First time experiencing for this. Maybe a fluke thing, but was nice. There was also spiciness here, for a while. Not extreme but was there. It was just smooth; I compare the smoothness to the nub dub, but different flavor profile.
[Image: 3ee31b46.jpg]

Start 2/3: Flavors continue on the Creamy, leathery, with some hints of cedar on the retro. Towards the end of the 2/3 there was some mystery flavors, that I am still too new to describe, but was just plain awesome. I was hoping it would continue. The spiciness didn’t die out, but is about 1/3 the strength of when it started out. Just enough that it’s there but not killing me…Still extremely smooth.
[Image: c4743647.jpg]
[Image: 22a10e64.jpg]
Couldn’t help myself, had to stand it.
[Image: 22a10e64.jpg]

Start 3/3: The 3/3 brought in what to me seemed like more cedary flavors over the leathery flavor. The leathery flavor was still there, but about half what it was earlier in the cigar. At this point it was a cedary, still creamy, and smooth cigar. Loving it. The mystery flavor is still there, I don’t know what it is but I love it, I can’t wait to smoke another and try to figure out what it is… Maybe someone else will be able to tell when they smoke it.
[Image: 551a5f2e.jpg]

End : I smoked it was past the band, my fingers were hot and burning… I didn’t want it to end.
Overall 10/10 Studio Tobac.... I have zero complaints; I hope this becomes a regular production stick… This was just an outstanding cigar. This would defiantly be a box purchase without a doubt. Thanks to the studio tobac gang for these cigars. Again great job.

Sorry for doing two reviews up at once, but haven’t had time to get the 002 review up a few days ago, just having time to sit down a write up my notes now… So you get some reading material for while on the pot…lol
Excellent review!!!!
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
Another nice review
--Mike
Thank you trying
Great review

I would like to cross reference your findings with my own .... Send me a 2012 sampler purely for comparison testing you understand.

Thanks
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Good review, sounds like a great smoke!
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Excellent review! Why do they dub this the Nub USA? Is all of the tobacco US grown?
Very good review! Looking forward to getting my hands on this!
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham