Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montecristo Afrique Kilimanjaro
My take on the Afrique Kilimanjaro:

The package arrived, as I opened it, the smell of fresh lacquer permeated my sinus. Oh great, can't wait to taste paint.

I continued.

Each 7X46 cigar was wrapped in cellophane and cedar. Upon liberating the specimen from its plastic by-porduct sheath, not a hint of the lacquer scent was found. I found the prey to be in pristine condition, oily, darker than natural, but not maduro wrapper. Not a flaw.

The cigar cut perfectly, cap being a work of art to behold.

It lit with ease, burned as even as one could hope, producing a salt and pepper ash, and a plume of smoke I've not experienced in a non Cuban.

The taste, well, this is not for a novice. Way complex. It's not a mild smoke, not a full bodied, not medium, the only fitting way to describe it is that it had "presence." Spice, coffee, leather, cocoa bean, had it all. Just when a taste seemed to be pinned down, the very next draw exploded with a totally new experience. All flavors went full circle at least once.

The finish was amazing. It had hints of a rich Port. Not sweet, but there was a Port hint there.
Well, that and burnt fingernail/lip.

I chose not to indulge in any libation while riding this rollercoaster of cigar paragon.

After I finished, about fifteen minutes later, I had a strong coffee, with a shot of Jack in it. Well, all the flavors, especially the Port, came rushing back!

At about $6.20 per stick, I hope all will enjoy this smoke.

It's a free country. ACT like it!
Thanks for the review.

~~H
Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your mouth is
moving.
Thanks. Wow, my type of Cigar. I used to buy up every Montecristo Afrique I could find (the ones I would smoke were almost black)

. THEY ARE SPICEY! Like an Espresso! It will put hair on your chest.

After smoking these my Rocky Patel Edges just lost their "umph" for me.
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”