Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PETA Wants To Buy SeaWorld And Free Shamu
PETA Wants To Buy SeaWorld And Free Shamu

http://www.cbs8.com/stories/story.138302.html

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants to buy a SeaWorld park, possibly the one in San Diego, free the animals inside and replace them with virtual reality exhibits, it was reported today.

Officials with the animal rights group say they have an anonymous donor willing to shell out big money to purchase at least one of SeaWorld's three parks, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

Beer company Anheuser-Busch, which is in the process of being purchased by Belgium firm InBev, operates SeaWorld parks in San Diego, Orlando and San Antonio. Experts believe InBev will divest itself of Anheuser-Busch's parks, according to the Union-Tribune.

PETA sent InBev a letter Friday offering to buy one park, with plans to replace existing animal exhibits with virtual reality exhibits, the newspaper reported.

The animals would be placed in sanctuaries with hopes of returning them to their natural habitats some day, the newspaper reported.

Anheuser-Busch owns seven other theme parks in addition to its SeaWorld parks. Combined, the parks could be worth as much as $4 billion, according to the Union-Tribune.

Neither SeaWorld nor InBev have commented on PETA's offer.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
God I hate those assholes!
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
What's next? Protecting the tobacco beetle?  Confusedhock:
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
PETA as in "People Eating Tasty Animals"? I bloody hate 'em. I mean, sure, ye're not gonna club a baby seal to death; but beeing such a pansy? What might ye get out of it? Animals eat animals, and some like me grill 'em before hand. Keep Shamu!
Shit, Shamu is 3000x safer in the park than out in the open ocean.   So many whales being bumped by boats, hunted, and even dead water zones growing larger.    Stupid feta-cheese munchin PETA pets have no brains.   I bet most of them eat animals when nobody is looking.

Someone needs to start the PPFP.   (Protect People from PETA organization). 

Yea lets release domesticated (sort of) hand fed animals back into the wild so they can die of starvation and or be killed when they run ( or swim) to humans for food.
Thats as bad as wanting to kill that polar bear cub that was either born into cabtivity or rescued from the wild.

Fing idiots.