Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overheating
That's awful generous of you. You can hold the leftovers from the Thompson sampler I have Smile
lol
No Justice, No Peace!
(05-10-2012, 08:42 PM)TampaPete Wrote: Any suggestions on the best method of maintaining 65%? I used the calculator on the Boveda site, and I should use 3 packs.
Pete

http://heartfeltindustries.com/proddetai...od=HB_1_65

These 65% beads should keep you just about dead on. That is for a 1-lb quantity - they also have 1/2-lb quantities so you can get the right amount for you. Spritz them with distilled water until about 2/3 to 3/4 of them are clear, and you are good to go.

There are a variety of different containers that you can buy or make.... More surface area is more effective, so with whatever qty you need (and you can go over with no issues - better over than under), 1" deep is better than a smaller container where the beads would be 4" deep.

(05-11-2012, 09:24 PM)MaytagMan Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 08:42 PM)TampaPete Wrote: Any suggestions on the best method of maintaining 65%? I used the calculator on the Boveda site, and I should use 3 packs.
Pete

http://heartfeltindustries.com/proddetai...od=HB_1_65

These 65% beads should keep you just about dead on. That is for a 1-lb quantity - they also have 1/2-lb quantities so you can get the right amount for you. Spritz them with distilled water until about 2/3 to 3/4 of them are clear, and you are good to go.

There are a variety of different containers that you can buy or make.... More surface area is more effective, so with whatever qty you need (and you can go over with no issues - better over than under), 1" deep is better than a smaller container where the beads would be 4" deep.

+1 on the Heartfelt beads. I also use the 65% and they keep my cigars as right as rain. Also, take note of the blend of the cigar itself. A cigar with more ligero will take a little more puffing to keep going.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
Well, I've calibrated the Xikar digital hygro. with the salt solution in a baggie twice. It's reading 67% at 75 degrees. I'm thinking I will stop obsessing and start enjoying my smokes more Smile

I still might try the Boveda packs as they would free up more space in my box.

Thanks for all the tips! Now to figure out what to have after 12 hours of Florida sun watching a softball tournament...

Pete
Only other thing I could offer is try to leave your new smokes in your humi for couple of weeks before you smoke em. And most people here like there smokes at 65%
No Justice, No Peace!