Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overheating
Larry, thanks for the link! I purge every now and then, but I see I should do it more often for better results!
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
What's the preferred method of getting to and maintaining 65%? Boveda? Beads?
I've been using the Dr.Rh gel stuff since I got my humidor. I calibrated the analog hygrometer with the salt solution method and adjusted it accordingly, it was a couple points high. I know the accuracy isn't spot-on, but it usually is sitting right under 70%.

We keep the temp right around 75-76, and my humi is out of direct sunlight.
If your stogies are smoking good then don't sweat a degree or two.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Id invest in a digital when you had the time. Can be had for under 20
No Justice, No Peace!
Skip beat me to it, fix your humidity and don't work to hard on smoking a cigar it's supposed to be enjoyable not something you should be trying to time out and think about.
I had the same problem for awhile when I first started. Being a cigarette smoker I had to train myself to slow waaaay down. I smoked way to fast a ruined many a good stick.
Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
Get a digital humidifier. I just bought 2 more for $15
76 degrees is kinda high. 70% at that temp is a lot of moisture. If you lower the temp to 70 degrees without affecting the humidity that would give you over 85% humidity!!!! Is there a cooler room for you humidor?
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Picked up a Xikar digital hygro/thermometer today. Calibrating tonight. I will post more accurate readings in a couple days.

Any suggestions on the best method of maintaining 65%? I used the calculator on the Boveda site, and I should use 3 packs.

My closet might be cooler, I've fermented home brew in there a few times without issues.

Pete
you can store them in my basement, pretty cool down there....lol
No Justice, No Peace!